Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2010, 16:09   #1
Resting in Peace

Surprise surprise

Next weekend is the forth in the Premier league, and guess what just for a change the festering Mancs are on the box again, that's four on the bounce, well at least the other clubs are guaranteed to be on twice in the season they all play um twice
Old 05-09-2010, 16:39   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Surprise surprise

Just fantastic:-)))
Old 05-09-2010, 19:31   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Get a TV like mine, any time the scum are mentioned it turns its self off.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 19:59   #4
Super Moderator

Get a TV like mine...anytime any plastic premiership clubs are mentioned, it turns itself off...go and sit in yer plastic grounds and watch yer overpaid, spoiled prima donnas. I'll take REAL grassroots, community football at my hometown club anyday.

Plastic premiership fans...know the cost of everything and the value of nothing!
Old 05-09-2010, 20:49   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Get a TV like mine...anytime any plastic premiership clubs are mentioned, it turns itself off...go and sit in yer plastic grounds and watch yer overpaid, spoiled prima donnas. I'll take REAL grassroots, community football at my hometown club anyday.

Plastic premiership fans...know the cost of everything and the value of nothing!
Yeah.. Newcastle have played live on telly 3 times already this season
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 21:00   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yeah.. Newcastle have played live on telly 3 times already this season
Wouldn't know, mate, only time I've seen 'em this season I was on the terraces (that's those concrete steps us lower league fans stand on to watch games - they used to have 'em on the Stretford End) and, believe me, those premiership jessies knew they'd been in a match!
Old 05-09-2010, 21:13   #7
God Member

Quote:
this season I was on the terraces (that's those concrete steps us lower league fans stand on to watch games - they used to have 'em on the Stretford End)
Ah yes the old Stretford end.. pay at the turnstile no ticket neeed.. packed out and trying to avoid ending up behind the big red steel roof supports.. brings tears to mi eyes remembering them days!
Old 05-09-2010, 21:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Get a TV like mine, any time the scum are mentioned it turns its self off.
Sounds like a smart TV.. where did ya steal it from?
Old 05-09-2010, 21:16   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ah yes the old Stretford end.. pay at the turnstile no ticket neeed.. packed out and trying to avoid ending up behind the big red steel roof supports.. brings tears to mi eyes remembering them days!
See, you could live 'em again on the Clayton End...everything just the same (apart from the "packed out" bit which we're working on!!).
Old 06-09-2010, 09:08   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Stretford End, wasn't aware you'd ever been on there Mancie
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
See, you could live 'em again on the Clayton End...everything just the same (apart from the "packed out" bit which we're working on!!).
and by the looks of it failing
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
and by the looks of it failing
The longest journey starts with one step! Go on the Stanley forum and read the messages from the Donny fan who turned up on Saturday and loved it so much, he wants to come back. Go and ask DaveinGermany who came along with his family on Saturday for the first time and will be returning.

REAL football in a REAL environment for REAL fans.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:45   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The longest journey starts with one step! Go on the Stanley forum and read the messages from the Donny fan who turned up on Saturday and loved it so much, he wants to come back. Go and ask DaveinGermany who came along with his family on Saturday for the first time and will be returning.

REAL football in a REAL environment for REAL fans.
So your saying I'm not a real football fan because I don't subscribe to your guide lines, that's a real narrow minded attitude to say the least, I'm 64 years old, but as you know am unable to attend live football, I have been a Rovers supporter for well over 50 years, but also watched both Stanley (prior 63) an even the Dingles in my youth, Stanley were then no more and I started watching the Rovers home and away and was a season ticked holder for many years, but to me the Rovers ARE A LOCAL CLUB, they are my club, situated only 4 miles away, in fact there is very little difference distance wise between Ewood and the Crown. Two generations have gone between Stanley folding and returning to league football, plus they are situated between two much bigger well established clubs and also the draw of the big city clubs, whether Stanley will ever get back to having decent gates no one knows, but they have hardly helped themselves over the last few years by infighting at board level and the
betting scandal have they.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:13   #14
Super Moderator

Oh dear, oh dear, hit a raw nerve there, have we? I reckon it’s a guilty conscience because you know in your heart of hearts you shouldn’t even be giving the time of day to this plastic, artificial, contrived, homogenised premiership stuff.

As for the upheavals at the top, so what? It’ll be sorted eventually with Ilyas and on the pitch, where it counts, Coley and the lads are delivering the goods. What’s more, the atmosphere on the terraces is absolutely magic. Just ask Cashy or Tealeaf next time they call round!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:38   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh dear, oh dear, hit a raw nerve there, have we? I reckon it’s a guilty conscience because you know in your heart of hearts you shouldn’t even be giving the time of day to this plastic, artificial, contrived, homogenised premiership stuff.

As for the upheavals at the top, so what? It’ll be sorted eventually with Ilyas and on the pitch, where it counts, Coley and the lads are delivering the goods. What’s more, the atmosphere on the terraces is absolutely magic. Just ask Cashy or Tealeaf next time they call round!
I'd sooner have an atmosphere with 25,000 than 1400 plus 250 away fans

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..