Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2012, 10:05   #1
Resting in Peace

Terry Quits

So John Terry has spit his dummy out and quite International football, because the FA are still going ahead with the inquiry into alleged racists comments he made against Anton Ferdinande. The FA said they would not pursue this inquiry whilst there was a criminal trial, but now that that is over they now feel they have to carry out and finish the inquiry, even though he was found not guilty.
Old 24-09-2012, 10:59   #2

Re: Terry Quits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So John Terry has spit his dummy out and quite International football, because the FA are still going ahead with the inquiry into alleged racists comments he made against Anton Ferdinande. The FA said they would not pursue this inquiry whilst there was a criminal trial, but now that that is over they now feel they have to carry out and finish the inquiry, even though he was found not guilty.
No love for Terry at all but what are the FA playing at? Yet again they think they can do a better job than a court of law. They could do better than leave all this rubbish to die. Whatever happened to "sticks and stones". Modern football prima donnas don't seem to have any backbone at all. If someone calls you a name, call him one back and shake hands at the end of the game. If you can't hack it, get out.
Old 24-09-2012, 11:53   #3
Beacon of light

It is probably what would happen in any profession...even after a trial which exonerated him, he would still have his professional body to answer to.
I was a nurse for many years, if I was involved in a trail of any sort, then my professional body would still require me to account for my actions regardless of the outcome of legal proceedings. The fact that he had to go to law is enough to bring the profession into disrepute. He did bring his profession into disrepute.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 12:30   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
No love for Terry at all but what are the FA playing at? Yet again they think they can do a better job than a court of law. They could do better than leave all this rubbish to die. Whatever happened to "sticks and stones". Modern football prima donnas don't seem to have any backbone at all. If someone calls you a name, call him one back and shake hands at the end of the game. If you can't hack it, get out.
I'm wi you on this in spite of the fact i can't stand the guy.
Old 24-09-2012, 17:50   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
No love for Terry at all but what are the FA playing at? Yet again they think they can do a better job than a court of law. They could do better than leave all this rubbish to die Fat Lad. Whatever happened to "sticks and stones". Modern football prima donnas don't seem to have any backbone at all. If someone calls you a name, call him one back and shake hands at the end of the game. If you can't hack it, get out.
They only adjourned the inquiry because of the criminal court case, and now they're finalising it, I still say the film of the incident on TV showed Terry's mouth blacked out, because you can lipread, ask fat lad at united, The Fa have no alternative but to continue with this, especially after the Suarez, episode at Liverpool, they had opened the door and couldn't close it.
Old 24-09-2012, 19:26   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The alternative was to let it die, pretty simple really, which sums the F.A. up very well, Common sense was the choice.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:01   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The alternative was to let it die, pretty simple really, which sums the F.A. up very well, Common sense was the choice.
Can you imagine the uproar from Liverpool if they have just dropped the enquiry altogether
Old 29-09-2012, 08:30   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Can you imagine the uproar from Liverpool if they have just dropped the enquiry altogether
Not really Suarez never went to court.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..