Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2011, 09:34   #1
Resting in Peace

Thank God it hasn't come to this yet in this country

BBC News - Parcel bombs sent to Neil Lennon, McBride and Godman

There's a lot of rivalry between teams in this country, and no love lost between groups of rival fans, but thank god it hasn't come to this in England, when idiots are prepared to do this (okay I know its not just about football) its time to draw the line, and its probably a very good reason to never let these teams anywhere near the leagues in England
Old 20-04-2011, 11:07   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Thank God it hasn't come to this yet in this country

Well suppose thats a step up from tossing cabers.
Old 20-04-2011, 13:46   #3
Full Member+

The Romans had the right idea!
Do you reckon we could get a brickie to give us a quote for re-doing Hadrians Wall?
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 17:52   #4
God Member

not like you,s to be judgemental one nutter sends a bomb and you blame the resy of us
Old 20-04-2011, 17:52   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
The Romans had the right idea!
Do you reckon we could get a brickie to give us a quote for re-doing Hadrians Wall?
Ya but who's going to clear away all those porridge spoons piled in that field the north side of the iron bridge
Old 20-04-2011, 17:57   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
not like you,s to be judgemental one nutter sends a bomb and you blame the resy of us
No just the blue half
Old 20-04-2011, 20:38   #7
Give, give, give member

Having lived in Glasgow for three years, football and religion turn sane people stupid.

Doesn't help having politicans wearing football colours in parliament.

As blinkered, and as stupid as the Irish terrorists.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 09:22   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Having lived in Glasgow for three years, football and religion turn sane people stupid.

Doesn't help having politicans wearing football colours in parliament.

As blinkered, and as stupid as the Irish terrorists.
In some cases you don't even have to put religion into the equation G., and wearing a football shirt in parliament is barmy at least mellophant restricted wearing his chelski shirt to the bedroom
Old 22-04-2011, 12:03   #9
God Member

agree with you 100% jaysay
Old 22-04-2011, 18:49   #10
Senior Member+

Jay, You and I, and Cashy, Wyn and a few others have a lot of banter about our respective teams, but it is always good natured - that lot up there just don't have any sense carrying religion over to the football field which is what it all boils down to - it is just an export from Northern Ireland
Old 23-04-2011, 09:19   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Jay, You and I, and Casi, Wyn and a few others have a lot of banter about our respective teams, but it is always good natured - that lot up there just don't have any sense carrying religion over to the football field which is what it all boils down to - it is just an export from Northern Ireland
I didn't realise just how bad it was Barrie until I worked at Celtic supporters club around 1971 (both are as bad as each other) we were fitting new bars and ceilings in the concert room, the bar had small horra glass panels in a bar screen about 9" x 7" and one was blue, a committee man informed use that it must be removed or a fist would be put through it within 2 minutes on opening night, it was replaced. A the end of the job. on the last day, the carpet fitters arrive to fit the brand new carpet, it was a lovely colour of blue, asking the same committee man who told us about the bar screen we said whats this a blue carpet, his answer was, I kid you not, you walk on that
As a rider to that about 3 weeks later I was on a snagging trip, calling round at different venues making miner adjustments and replacements and we called at that club, as we walked into the room I couldn't believe my eyes, this rehash was only three weeks old and around every table you couldn't see the carpet for cigarette burns when the floor is full of fag ends please use the ashtrays

Last edited by jaysay; 23-04-2011 at 09:22.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..