Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2013, 08:49   #1
Resting in Peace

The enigma that is Arsenal

I have said for a long time now that when Arsenal are on song they are by far one of the best teams in the world to watch, its just a pity you never know which Arsenal is going to turn up. I watched Highlights of their game with the Hammers last night and between 47 and 57 minutes played the most scintillating football I've seen for a long time, they were unstoppable scoring 4 goals with fast attacking football, if only all their football was like that
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2013, 17:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The enigma that is Arsenal

Agree there Jay - they can be absolutely fantastic, but when other teams have a bit more savvy and get in their face - just like the Arsenal "Invicibles" used to do to opponents, they tend crumble very easily.
Old 24-01-2013, 17:54   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Agree there Jay - they can be absolutely fantastic, but when other teams have a bit more savvy and get in their face - just like the Arsenal "Invicibles" used to do to opponents, they tend crumble very easily.
That season when they went right though without losing a game, they put in some breath taking performances, personally I don't think any team will ever do that again, well it took over 100 years since Preston first did it for it to be done again
Old 24-01-2013, 18:13   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I still love watching Arsenal though,yet detest watching United. That was never the case way back.
Old 24-01-2013, 18:39   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I still love watching Arsenal though,yet detest watching United. That was never the case way back.
Same here cashy last Sunday I had a choice Chelski v Arsenal or Spurs v Plastics guess which I watched
Old 25-01-2013, 19:15   #6
Senior Member+

Just a pair of bigots tarred with the same brush - how about posting positives (if there are any), about the team (plural in Jays case) that you support.
Will think of you tomorrow while eating my prawn sandwiches at the Theatre of Dreams
Old 25-01-2013, 23:26   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Just a pair of bigots tarred with the same brush - how about posting positives (if there are any), about the team (plural in Jays case) that you support.
Will think of you tomorrow while eating my prawn sandwiches at the Theatre of Dreams
Good god your first trip to the outback, don't forget to buy your shire in the money grabbing store, all plastics have one Barrie you'll stand out if you haven't got one
Old 25-01-2013, 23:48   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Good god your first trip to the outback, don't forget to buy your shire in the money grabbing store, all plastics have one Barrie you'll stand out if you haven't got one
Some fan,hes only going cos its a freebie.
Old 26-01-2013, 03:36   #9
I am Banned

i had the pleasure of watching both games live on cable over here and arsenal against west ham was a cracker of a game.At 1-1 it was a good close game ,then Arsenal stepped up a gear and played tham off the park,tonight its live F.A.cup games,so could be watching Stoke City v Man City The joys of having cable.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 09:03   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
i had the pleasure of watching both games live on cable over here and arsenal against west ham was a cracker of a game.At 1-1 it was a good close game ,then Arsenal stepped up a gear and played tham off the park,tonight its live F.A.cup games,so could be watching Stoke City v Man City The joys of having cable.
Yawn
Old 26-01-2013, 09:07   #11
Resting in Peace

Barrie if you want me to ask Joan for the best ways to get to scum palace, PM me and I'll ask her, its surprising how many plastic mancs dipping their toe in the water end up lost trying to find the ground
cashman likes this.
Old 26-01-2013, 10:01   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
don't forget to buy your shire
I didn't know Hobbits were Manky U fans ! Sneaky little gits ! And there's me quite liking them (the Hobbits that is).

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 26-01-2013 at 10:09.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 00:44   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Barrie if you want me to ask Joan for the best ways to get to scum palace, PM me and I'll ask her, its surprising how many plastic mancs dipping their toe in the water end up lost trying to find the ground
I know my way there OK Jay and to the Cricket Ground where I parked the car, been there quite a few times, possibly more than you ever went to Anfield.
As for a freebie - no, it cost me £25.50 for my ticket and £10 car parking - oh and £3.60 for a pint of Boddingtons - a Manchester brew I think. Of course Deadwood doesn't believe in supporting a local brewery
I wasd not surprised to mix amongst a cosmopolitan crowd, none did I see eating prawn sandwiches - plenty of Holland's Pies though - quite a cross section of the North West populace - the accents are easy to detect.
Once again, nothing about your teams - just you and Cashy spouting your ridiculous bigoted crap.
Only a couple of years to go and you could be opposition supporters when Deadwood becomes a 2nd Division team as Rovers pass through - will have to be 2nd Division as Stanley don't look as though they can get up at the end of this season but the Deadwood gang could well be on the slippery slope to non-league status
Old 27-01-2013, 00:46   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good god your first trip to the outback, don't forget to buy your "shire" in the money grabbing store, all plastics have one Barrie you'll stand out if you haven't got one
P.S. Jay - your dyslexia is getting worse
Old 27-01-2013, 09:16   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know my way there OK Jay and to the Cricket Ground where I parked the car, been there quite a few times, possibly more than you ever went to Anfield.
As for a freebie - no, it cost me £25.50 for my ticket and £10 car parking - oh and £3.60 for a pint of Boddingtons - a Manchester brew I think. Of course Deadwood doesn't believe in supporting a local brewery
I wasd not surprised to mix amongst a cosmopolitan crowd, none did I see eating prawn sandwiches - plenty of Holland's Pies though - quite a cross section of the North West populace - the accents are easy to detect.
Once again, nothing about your teams - just you and Cashy spouting your ridiculous bigoted crap.
Only a couple of years to go and you could be opposition supporters when Deadwood becomes a 2nd Division team as Rovers pass through - will have to be 2nd Division as Stanley don't look as though they can get up at the end of this season but the Deadwood gang could well be on the slippery slope to non-league status
Hell you sure know how to waste money you could have used your usual chair in the pub had a lash up and still have been quids in seventy odd thousand there last night and there was more life in a tramps vest

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..