Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By jaysay
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By jaysay
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By jaysay
  • 1 Post By jaysay
  • 2 Post By Mog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2013, 11:36   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry Think this guy has a point

FA Cup - United cruise past abysmal Fulham - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Think the guy writing this article has justifiable point really, Every cup tie The Plastics have played since Exeter in 2005 has been televised, he asked why was this even considered given the fact Fulham are one of the worst travellers in the Prem, and the historic match between Norwich and Luton never got a smell. United have around 37 or 38 matches televised each year and of course the money goes in handy when your cherry picking the likes of Jones Smalling Valencia etc
shillelagh likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2013, 11:46   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Think this guy has a point

He has a good point, its exactly why i watched City v Stoke, n not that un.
shillelagh likes this.
Old 27-01-2013, 19:13   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
He has a good point, its exactly why i watched City v Stoke, n not that un.
It beyond a joke cashy, 8 years and every match has been televised, I can remember the other year they were playing reading who were in the championship at the time and Red Nose picked virtually a second string, that is taking the michael
shillelagh likes this.
Old 27-01-2013, 19:18   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh Jaysay, but that makes us bigots fer pointing it out.
shillelagh likes this.
Old 27-01-2013, 19:34   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yeh Jaysay, but that makes us bigots fer pointing it out.
So be it cashy so be it
shillelagh likes this.
Old 29-01-2013, 01:02   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So be it cashy so be it
You are bigots because all that you do is whinge about United and yet you profess to be football supporters - where are your comments about Rovers and the scousers (no doubt that Cashy does post comments on the Stanley threads), most of yours would have to be bad I know, but you do get some good results that are worth commenting on - are you only a part time supporter of Rovers then Jay - a true supporter would support them through the good and the bad. I went to watch United in their first match at West Ham when they had gone down to the 2nd Division - I was stationed in West London then - they were the bad times.
Old 29-01-2013, 09:53   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
You are bigots because all that you do is whinge about United and yet you profess to be football supporters - where are your comments about Rovers and the scousers (no doubt that Cashy does post comments on the Stanley threads), most of yours would have to be bad I know, but you do get some good results that are worth commenting on - are you only a part time supporter of Rovers then Jay - a true supporter would support them through the good and the bad. I went to watch United in their first match at West Ham when they had gone down to the 2nd Division - I was stationed in West London then - they were the bad times.
I still, like I have don't for 61 years supported my local team, was never even tempted to jump ship like lots of locals and run of to Manchester to milk success. when Rovers dropped into the third tier of English football, I still had a season ticket and went to all but 3 games home and away, in the 79/80/81 seasons, your lucky if you see 1 game a season at scum city, which is in keeping with the average groupie at the Theatre of Merchandising. Unfortunately since 81 I haven't been fit enough to attend matches if I was I would still be there every week and even taking in a few matches at the Crown from time to time. At the moment I abhor what Venky's are doing to my club, I talk about Rovers on Blackburn web sites, this is Accyweb. The reason I continually give the plastics stick is the fact that the thread each year trying to deride Liverpool is started my Plastic, never attend Old Trafford Mancs, if there were no thread there would be no comment really well except when I nice interesting comment appears in the news, which some how you never ever answer. I tend to read the Stanley section and comment on things I can, because like a lot of others Stanley are my second team.
hassy rvr likes this.
Old 29-01-2013, 12:38   #8
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I still, like I have don't for 61 years supported my local team, was never even tempted to jump ship like lots of locals and run of to Manchester to milk success. when Rovers dropped into the third tier of English football, I still had a season ticket and went to all but 3 games home and away, in the 79/80/81 seasons, your lucky if you see 1 game a season at scum city, which is in keeping with the average groupie at the Theatre of Merchandising. Unfortunately since 81 I haven't been fit enough to attend matches if I was I would still be there every week and even taking in a few matches at the Crown from time to time. At the moment I abhor what Venky's are doing to my club, I talk about Rovers on Blackburn web sites, this is Accyweb. The reason I continually give the plastics stick is the fact that the thread each year trying to deride Liverpool is started my Plastic, never attend Old Trafford Mancs, if there were no thread there would be no comment really well except when I nice interesting comment appears in the news, which some how you never ever answer. I tend to read the Stanley section and comment on things I can, because like a lot of others Stanley are my second team.
Gents I hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this subject. When I was a kid in Accy. when we could afford it or when I could get in for free, I used to go to Peel Park to watch my local team play. Remember 3rd Division North etc. I wasn’t a supporter just a fan. But since 1962 I have been a fan of Liverpool. It was a bit hard to get to see them when you spend most of your time working all over the country and world. But still a fan and I am today. You mention plastic mancs. I cannot abide them. The south of England is also full of them. What annoys me though is down here when and only when Man united are being televised, loads of southerner cram the pubs all dressed in Man Kit and talking in sentences of ( We are going to thrash ) whoever they are playing ) I don’t understand this WE bit. The A holes down here have never been to my county never mind to Manchester. (We Played well, We are going to thrash, We are going to Buy etc.) You would think that down here Near France they would support a southern team, but no they just jump on this Man Crap bandwagon. I am still a fan of Liverpool. I check out Accrington every week. Big argument soon as my mate is a Port Vale Fan. And I go to watch Folkestone Invicta where my son plays and I go to watch Hythe town play. Both teams in the Ryman league. I also Like Blackburn Rovers but at this moment things are not going well for them. But I have no negative comments because one day they will be back where they belong.
jaysay and hassy rvr like this.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 18:30   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Gents I hope you don’t mind me jumping in
Fill yer boots Mog ! There's nothing sacred here.
Old 29-01-2013, 19:00   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Gents I hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this subject. When I was a kid in Accy. when we could afford it or when I could get in for free, I used to go to Peel Park to watch my local team play. Remember 3rd Division North etc. I wasn’t a supporter just a fan. But since 1962 I have been a fan of Liverpool. It was a bit hard to get to see them when you spend most of your time working all over the country and world. But still a fan and I am today. You mention plastic mancs. I cannot abide them. The south of England is also full of them. What annoys me though is down here when and only when Man united are being televised, loads of southerner cram the pubs all dressed in Man Kit and talking in sentences of ( We are going to thrash ) whoever they are playing ) I don’t understand this WE bit. The A holes down here have never been to my county never mind to Manchester. (We Played well, We are going to thrash, We are going to Buy etc.) You would think that down here Near France they would support a southern team, but no they just jump on this Man Crap bandwagon. I am still a fan of Liverpool. I check out Accrington every week. Big argument soon as my mate is a Port Vale Fan. And I go to watch Folkestone Invicta where my son plays and I go to watch Hythe town play. Both teams in the Ryman league. I also Like Blackburn Rovers but at this moment things are not going well for them. But I have no negative comments because one day they will be back where they belong.
You hear um ringing in to phone ins on the radio, and here we have Tony from Norwich, evening Tony who do you support, Manchester United, normally the host says of course you do, you can picture him rolling his eyes
Old 30-01-2013, 00:10   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
I check out Accrington every week.
Right, Mog, never mind about checking 'em out, when are you coming on the Clayton End with us?
Old 30-01-2013, 07:33   #12
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Right, Mog, never mind about checking 'em out, when are you coming on the Clayton End with us?
Very soon mate. I am due a trip back home, must make sure its when you are at home this time. May even bring my son up. He was at Millwall academy for 4 years till they ran out of money. I got him back home for a while and whilst he is playing for Folkestone to keep his fitness up, he still wants full time pro football, well he is still only 20. Will look at fixtures and let you and cashy know when.
Old 30-01-2013, 09:17   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Am off fer a month on sunday mog,
Old 30-01-2013, 13:25   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
May even bring my son up. He was at Millwall academy for 4 years till they ran out of money.
Get him to bring his boots.
Old 30-01-2013, 14:13   #15
Mog

Quote:
Am off fer a month on sunday mog,
Thats ok mate, maybe march or April.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..