Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2011, 19:36   #1
God Member

Well played the North West

Well played merits must go to Accy Stanley and fingers crossed in the play-offs... unlucky Burnley at Leeds but maybe next season..Preston not a good season.. looks like Rovers have pulled one out the hat and yet again make up the numbers in the Prem next season...(speaking of Rovers.. not sure how Sabden or Chorley got on)
I feel sure that most right thinking North-West footy fans will cheering on Man UTD for the Premiership and in the Champions League Cup Final..

Last edited by Mancie; 30-04-2011 at 19:38.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2011, 22:22   #2
God Member

Re: Well played the North West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well played merits must go to Accy Stanley and fingers crossed in the play-offs... unlucky Burnley at Leeds but maybe next season..Preston not a good season.. looks like Rovers have pulled one out the hat and yet again make up the numbers in the Prem next season...(speaking of Rovers.. not sure how Sabden or Chorley got on)
I feel sure that most right thinking North-West footy fans will cheering on Man UTD for the Premiership and in the Champions League Cup Final..
I am looking at the phrase following that post "WE ARE UNITED...WHAT DO WE WANT".
If I was to answer that I would probably banned from Accyweb for life.
Sorry but Barcelona for me and if Rovers beat Man U I think it might wipe the smile of your face

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 23:19   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I am looking at the phrase following that post "WE ARE UNITED...WHAT DO WE WANT".
If I was to answer that I would probably banned from Accyweb for life.
Sorry but Barcelona for me and if Rovers beat Man U I think it might wipe the smile of your face
Well there you go.. a north-west lad that would rather see spainards win the CL over a local lancs team.. I tell you Roy back in 1688 with the spainish armada and all the least of your worries would be barred from Accyweb..you would have got yer head chopped off, and rightly so.

T'was a draw at Ewood same time last season and always the chance Rovers can beat United at home... I ain't smiling yet.. United supporters have more respect for the opposition than you heathens imagine..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38   #4
Resting in Peace

Well to me yesterday was a perfect day, Rovers won for a change, Stanley sealed a place in the play offs, the Dingles were put out of their misery, and Chelski cut the Plastics lead to three points, an Arsenal win today would make it a near perfect weekend especially if City & Birmingham win too
Old 01-05-2011, 16:07   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Gawd bless yer Guv'ner ! You don't really expect that to happen do you Mancie Mate ? I think the Chorus say it all.

DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 17:21   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dream on, Mancie, lad, dream on. However, if you substitute the words Stanley for Man Utd and play-offs for premiership, you may well be nearer the mark!
Old 01-05-2011, 17:35   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Dream on, Mancie, lad, dream on. However, if you substitute the words Stanley for Man Utd and play-offs for premiership, you may well be nearer the mark!
Well seeing the only time I know what the plastic Manc says on here now in quoted posts, not a chance of of supporting that bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 22:41   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well to me yesterday was a perfect day, Rovers won for a change, Stanley sealed a place in the play offs, the Dingles were put out of their misery, and Chelski cut the Plastics lead to three points, an Arsenal win today would make it a near perfect weekend especially if City & Birmingham win too
well reckon this afternoon makes it perfect. still Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Old 01-05-2011, 22:53   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well reckon this afternoon makes it perfect. still Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
I think Man U should have had a penalty...............life's a pig init

Old 01-05-2011, 23:02   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think Man U should have had a penalty...............life's a pig init
Dunno Roy i don't watch em, i'm a football fan.
Old 01-05-2011, 23:16   #11
God Member

Be nice Mancie or you might have an attack by mockers on you.
I bet you wish you sold chewing gum or hairdryers, not forgetting toilet rolls at this moment in time?

Old 01-05-2011, 23:29   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

where are these "Plastics" tonight? hope they aint unwell.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:43   #13
Senior Member+

United didn't play well enough to win today, makes for an interesting last few games though. I guess I qualify as a "plastic manc" what ever that is? They've been my number two team {after Stanley** since the mid 50s but only seen them live twice in all those years. The first time was at Wembley in the 1968 European final and the second time a couple of years ago against Celtic in Seattle. Beats me how an Englishman can be so biased, to wish us loosing to a load of foreigners, I have no problem cheering all British teams in Europe. Maybe it was a bit tongue in cheek, it,s difficult to read sometimes from so far away. Anyway, come on you reds. {Both lots**
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:35   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Beats me how an Englishman can be so biased, to wish us loosing to a load of foreigners,
There's quite a bit of irony in that statement
Old 02-05-2011, 08:36   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
There's quite a bit of irony in that statement
Probably its a bit to ironic for a plastic Manc Dave

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..