Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2010, 23:54   #1
God Member

who thinks this is idiocy?

BBC Sport - Football - Catholic Church calls for Dallas email transparency so nobody can have a joke now?
The Catholic Church want the Scottish Football Association to sack head of refereeing Hugh Dallas if he sent an "offensive" email about the Pope.

Last edited by Mick; 25-11-2010 at 06:51.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2010, 23:59   #2
God Member

Re: who thinks this is idiocy?

Dallas is a dickhead and should have no further part, ever, ever, ever, in Scottish football (not that I care that much anyway). On this occaision, the one and only true Church is correct.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 10:16   #3
Resting in Peace

If refs are bringing religion into football the game really is going to the dogs just glad it doesn't figure in the English game
Old 25-11-2010, 10:49   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whilst he may be a dickhead, any church interfering in e-mails sent by anyone as a joke, whether in good taste or not is FARCICAL. imho.
Old 25-11-2010, 11:00   #5
JCB

If Hugh Dallas sent the email I think it's a bit harsh to sack him for it .

Within the context of the sectarianism amongst some of the so-called Catholic and Protestant Christians in parts of Scotland it was a silly thing to do if he did it .

He hasn't had the best of careers as a referee , but an apology and some kind of gesture of reconciliation may be a good thing .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 11:07   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
If Hugh Dallas sent the email I think it's a bit harsh to sack him for it .

Within the context of the sectarianism amongst some of the so-called Catholic and Protestant Christians in parts of Scotland it was a silly thing to do if he did it .

He hasn't had the best of careers as a referee , but an apology and some kind of gesture of reconciliation may be a good thing .
Football is a different kettle of fish over the boarder JCB I didn't realise just what it was really like until I worked there and that was nearly 40 years ago, I just laughed in amazement
Old 25-11-2010, 11:25   #7
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
On this occaision, the one and only true Church is correct.
The Catholic Church has not written anything about this affair .

There is sloppy use of language in the media .

The Scottish Catholic media office director , Peter Kearney , has written . He is not the Catholic Church which has about a billion members , he is just one member .
Old 25-11-2010, 11:29   #8
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Football is a different kettle of fish over the boarder JCB I didn't realise just what it was really like until I worked there and that was nearly 40 years ago, I just laughed in amazement
I know , Jaysay . I have a friend from near Glasgow who supports Celtic . I need say no more .

It amuses me in a way , but I do wish they would come to their senses . It's so stupid .
Old 25-11-2010, 11:32   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I know , Jaysay . I have a friend from near Glasgow who supports Celtic . I need say no more .

It amuses me in a way , but I do wish they would come to their senses . It's so stupid .
Amen to that that JCB
Old 25-11-2010, 15:31   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think the main question in this farce, is Who did he send it too? if not to a senior member of the church, but to a mate, then hows this got in public domain? i n assume quite a few on here get e-mails from mates that some would deem offensive, i think there funny, its how some deal wi stuff.
Old 25-11-2010, 16:14   #11
God Member

Rangers vs Celtic explained by Billy.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..