Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Grass Roots (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f88/)
-   -   Lancashire County Cricket Champions (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f88/lancashire-county-cricket-champions-59246.html)

jaysay 15-09-2011 18:14

Lancashire County Cricket Champions

Lancashire clinched their first outright county championship in Taunton today for the first time in 77 years, Warwickshire could only draw with Hampshire leaving Lances to score 210 runs in just over 30 overs to win, they did it with the lose of 2 wickets and 5 overs to spare, well Glen Chapel, Peter Moor and the boys

cashman 15-09-2011 19:01

Re: Lancashire County Cricket Champions

Chuffed to bits oer that un.:alright::alright::alright:

cmonstanley 15-09-2011 20:09

well done lancaaashire:alright::alright::alright: a lot of good mates are happy and so am i and some mates should be here to celebrate will be celebrating up there..

cashman 15-09-2011 20:19

Selwyn will be chuffed to bits no doubt,its my opinion it would never have been 77 yrs but fer Manchesters crap weather, as i recall its done em quite a few times,

jaysay 16-09-2011 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 933915)
Selwyn will be chuffed to bits no doubt,its my opinion it would never have been 77 yrs but fer Manchesters crap weather, as i recall its done em quite a few times,

Ya cash the Manchester weather has thwarted them on numerous occasions over the years

jaysay 16-09-2011 09:25

Just to celebrate their achievement Thwaites brewery are releasing a special beer on Monday called um re well I'm not sure which it is really Lancashire Rain or Lancashire Reign, it would appear both titles would be apt for different reasons:D

walkinman221 16-09-2011 22:05

Oh lanky lanky, lanky lanky lanky lanky lancashire. About time the weather held out for us cause its that which has ballsed it up for us in the past.Well done to the boys the red rose on the up/ and to make it a top day all round Yorkshire got relegated:D:D:alright::alright::alright:

jaysay 17-09-2011 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 934095)
Oh lanky lanky, lanky lanky lanky lanky lancashire. About time the weather held out for us cause its that which has ballsed it up for us in the past.Well done to the boys the red rose on the up/ and to make it a top day all round Yorkshire got relegated:D:D:alright::alright::alright:

That wasn't nice WM you know how upset Geoffrey will be:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Kamfluelo 12-08-2019 20:43

Lancashire County Cricket Champions

Why dont they just scrap the County Championship?

It gets in the way of their precious T20 so let the babies have their bottle and watch English cricket die on its fing arse.

cashman 30-08-2019 13:16

I aint a fan of T20 by any means, but its the way things have gone, live with it instead of bitching oer it.