Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Grass Roots
Donate! Join Today

Grass Roots Do you play or have an interest in local sporting events? Darts, dominoes, rugby, tiddly winks? Talk about it here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2005, 13:19   #1

Church FC junior football

Hi everyone, I formed a junior football club last season, and I am still looking for sponsorship, as I aim to add new age groups every season anyone interested please check out www.churchfootballclub.co.uk or just check it out anyway
Thanks
Darren
dazzalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2005, 14:52   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Church FC junior football

Darren I wish you all the best in getting sponsership and being able to get teams up and running.

I know that you may have already have had CRB checks but please check with HBC, Football Ass, local team managers etc if you have to have that done, and if anyone comes to help do they have to have the CRB check.

Due to me having contact with young people through my job & the SJA I, and several members of the SJA, have had to have CRB checks and while they are a bit of a pain it does give a sense of security to the youngsters and their parents.

Please check and find out or maybe any members could give some light on this subject
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 15:12   #3

Re: Church FC junior football

thanks ber???, We are fully aware of the CRB, we are in the process of anyone who is involved first hand with the players being CRB, we even have a child protection officer and a full child protection policy, i appreciate your mentioning this, as if we hadnt thought of it it was something we would have needed to do, and anyone thinking of setting up a club reading this will also now be aware.our child protection policy is available for reading on our website www.churchfootballclub.co.uk as is the contact details of our child protection officer Mrs Denise Ward

it may also be worth noting that anyone already holding a crb chech like yourself need another one in place if you are planning to do something different from when your original one was done, does that make sense???
ie if you wanted to help out at a football club for children you would need another crb in place, some of the rules on crb are a bit silly but we all understand the need for having them.

but thanks anyway

Last edited by dazzalam; 14-09-2005 at 15:15.
dazzalam is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..