Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Grass Roots
Donate! Join Today

Grass Roots Do you play or have an interest in local sporting events? Darts, dominoes, rugby, tiddly winks? Talk about it here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 17:58   #1

Post Darters?

On Monday November 3rd The Stanley on Stanley Street ( funnily enough ) is hosting the home nations darts championships between ENGLAND, Scotland, Wales and Ireland, Scotland's team is being led by no other than Jamie"Braveheart" Harvey.
Fun begins at 20.30 all welcome, could be a good photo opportunity for you Harry
Old 08-10-2003, 19:01   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Darters?

Quote:
home nations darts championships
In accy at the stanley... why does summat not lok right with this picture?

I dont fink my flash going off as they are about to throw will imprss anyone  Nagh seriously its more an outdoor camera.

however I am interested in darts.. used to play about 4 or 5 yrs ago.. mebbe more...Have a dartboard in the room now... I use brass and  feathered darts.... i dont use them all that well.. but enjoy a game.. not played darts n a pub fr years...
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:28   #3
Resting in Peace

Me and the wife used to play regular
until she beat me at twice round two tops
both ended on tops she got 3 tops with three darts never played since ;D
once went camping in the lakes there is a little pub near by called the anglers arms
playing darts with a group we thought was local and they beat us by 1 dart after found out they were the first team of a Blackpool pub
but they payed for chicken and chips all round good laught
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:44   #4
I am Banned

From blackpool?  should have thrown the dart at them mick.. hehe only kidding... or am I?

yeagh they dont understand twice round two tops here... When I moved here it took some practising to throw from three miles away from the board as well
Old 09-10-2003, 13:36   #5
Senior Member+

Played once for the Spinning Jenny abour 4 years ago when i was back.Had a 160 finish.They play mostly mickey mouse darts over here.Plastic tips plastic boards.Not much fun really.
Old 11-10-2003, 17:18   #6
Resting in Peace

[quote author=Mik_Dickinson link=board=grassroots;num=1065636371;start=0#4 date=10/09/03 at 14:36:39]Played once for the Spinning Jenny abour 4 years ago when i was back.Had a 160 finish.They play mostly mickey mouse darts over here.Plastic tips plastic boards.Not much fun really.[/quote]
mik is that the one in Preston ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 08:39   #7
Accy Goddess

I used to play for a ladies darts team in Preston many years ago.
Think mik refaring to Spinning Jenny in Accrington Mick.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:01   #8
I am Banned

One of my ex wives played for Ribbleside darts team in Preston.
Old 12-10-2003, 20:14   #9
Accy Goddess

I used to play for The Hermon in plungey. Sure you must av heard of it Harry.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 20:48   #10
I am Banned

Hermon..One of my first locals when I was about 18 .. Well before they had a ladies darts team I expect.. Cant remeber who had the pub or who went in.  First place I ever experiencd a "lock in" anb in them days it was lights out.. no pool or owt... top shelf only and buy the landlord one...

I played darts for the Tanners and the Welfield (Different seasons of course) more recently but not last..before moving up here... Lock ins here I soon discovered consisted of... just keep going.. front doors open and just like any other time of day.. that was in Clayton.. bit of a culture shock

I ahd a house on Aqueduct street for a while before they pulled them down .. between brook stret and plungi... pulled them down for road widening and As far as I know they havent done a thing 25 yrs later

Old 18-11-2003, 19:07   #11
Senior Member+

Mick that would be the one up Fern Gore.Centre of the estate.Back in them days i played a lot.No brass.Buy a pint and play darts for 3 hours.Cost nowt and was good fun

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..