Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Grass Roots
Donate! Join Today

Grass Roots Do you play or have an interest in local sporting events? Darts, dominoes, rugby, tiddly winks? Talk about it here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2004, 14:40   #1
land of hope and glory

Darts And Dominoes

THE STAG INN.....has had a good start to the accrington and district darts and dominoe league.the A team have won two dart games 5-4 against the cross axes,and 6-3 against there neighbours the oak tree.The b team have also won both there opening games of darts.both teams have won 1 and lost 1 at dominoes, its early days yet but hopefully we will be there or there about at the end of a long season! come on the stag.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2004, 17:38   #2
land of hope and glory

Re: Darts And Dominoes

a good week for the stag the a team won7-2 at darts and 5-4 at dominoes against the plough at great harwood.

the b team won 6-3 at darts and 5-4 at dominoes against the peel park at accrington.
Old 08-11-2004, 17:23   #3
God Member

...good result that. How far from the top are the lads?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 19:12   #4
land of hope and glory

not sure yet tealeaf waiting for the tables to come out!!

keep it going thats all they can do.
Old 11-11-2004, 17:56   #5
land of hope and glory

the results from tuesday are as follows STAG A AGAINST BOARS HEAD B, THE STAG WON 8-1 AT DARTS AND 8-1 AT DOMINOES EXCELLENT RESULT FOR THE STAG A TEAM........THE B TEAM PLAYED PEEL PARK AND BEAT THEM 5-4 AT DARTS AND 6-3 AT DOMINOES SO BOTH TEAMS DOING REALLY WELL AT THE MOMENT!
Old 11-11-2004, 23:06   #6
mez
God Member

good luck to the teams, keep up the good work
Old 17-11-2004, 17:10   #7
land of hope and glory

WELL are they stoppable, the A team played platts A and won again 8-1 at darts and also won 6-3 at dominoes can they keep it up?the B team won 5-4 at darts ,but got beat at dominoes, all the league tables are usually in the observer on fridays.
Old 18-11-2004, 21:48   #8
Member.

All the best to the teams and the Stag mate. It's nice to hear something positive about Church and the area on the site for a change.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 17:08   #9
land of hope and glory

here we go again we must be the man utd of darts....everyone wants to see us lose...lol..sorry folks the stag A won 8-1 against the winchester of hapton, we got beat 5-4 at dominoes.the B team lost there 1st of the season against the plough at ossy 6-3 but won there dominoes 6-3 ,still a long way to go.
Old 01-12-2004, 18:09   #10
land of hope and glory

Talking Re: Darts And Dominoes

just cant help celebrating the stag A beat great eastern 8-1 but lost the dominoes 5-4.
The B team beat local rivals the bridge inn 7-2 at darts and lost 5-4 at dominoes.

Last edited by staggeringman; 01-12-2004 at 18:16.
Old 08-12-2004, 16:38   #11
land of hope and glory

well they never did! yes the stag A beat the boars head A 5-4 at darts and 6-3 at dominoes.The B team lost at home to the cabin end 6-3 but won the dominoes 6-3. Next week sees the last game before the turnarond for the second half of the season still unbeat the A team could try and do an arsenal!I will try and get a league sheet for the tables next week!
Old 16-12-2004, 17:22   #12
land of hope and glory

Half way through the season and guess what yep ! We are still unbeaten won against the stanley A team on tuesday 7-2 at darts and 5-4 at dominoes.the b team lost there darts and won at dominoes.
Old 21-12-2004, 17:20   #13
land of hope and glory

Thumbs up Re: Darts And Dominoes

the season is now half way through and we are having a break for a couple of weeks,I will have the lads down practising over christmass and keep them in trim untill the new year starts!Just seen a league table and the stag is now top of both darts and dominoes ,Excellent start to the first half.
Old 23-12-2004, 17:11   #14

Hi Staggering man. Just a question to get away from results for a mo. Does Ronnie Baxter still play in Church somewhere?
Both myself and my wife are President and Secretary of a Darts Association in Queensland that are affilliated to Australia and the U.K. We both follow results of UK darts but only get them on Sky about 4 or 5 months later. E.G. last night saw the Stan James at Blackpool between Taylor and Dudbridge. Not a nice state of affairs but the the best we can hope for. I can log on to planet darts of course but it's not the same as watching. Ronnie doesn't play in your team by any chance, or is that not good enough for him?
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 18:28   #15
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
Hi Staggering man. Just a question to get away from results for a mo. Does Ronnie Baxter still play in Church somewhere?
Both myself and my wife are President and Secretary of a Darts Association in Queensland that are affilliated to Australia and the U.K. We both follow results of UK darts but only get them on Sky about 4 or 5 months later. E.G. last night saw the Stan James at Blackpool between Taylor and Dudbridge. Not a nice state of affairs but the the best we can hope for. I can log on to planet darts of course but it's not the same as watching. Ronnie doesn't play in your team by any chance, or is that not good enough for him?
hi terry yes we taught ronny everything he knows(thats why he hasnt won a world championship yet..he...hee) ronny is a good friend of mine,he has moved down cirencester and got himself a pub there.We keep in contact regular he got beat quite regular when he was in the team.But at the moment we have a good team with strength all the way through,he would not get in the team at the moment.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..