Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Grass Roots
Donate! Join Today

Grass Roots Do you play or have an interest in local sporting events? Darts, dominoes, rugby, tiddly winks? Talk about it here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree375Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2017, 22:04   #451
Beacon of light

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

I am sure the farmer was very relieved to have his gold ring returned to him...and hopefully you will be repaid by some interesting find.
Old 29-12-2017, 22:56   #452
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am sure the farmer was very relieved to have his gold ring returned to him...and hopefully you will be repaid by some interesting find.
As I handed it back the farmer moved in to embrace me, I moved swiftly out of arms reach....never before has my hate for unnecessary human contact been so cruelly exposed

Anyhow, as you’ve mentioned, the feeling of returning a lost item is treasure in itself and he did give me another field to search.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 10:48   #453
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
As I handed it back the farmer moved in to embrace me, I moved swiftly out of arms reach....never before has my hate for unnecessary human contact been so cruelly exposed
That sure sounds like some kind of authorial quote, have you been sneakily bettering yourself Mr.AccyX?
Old 30-12-2017, 13:28   #454
Beacon of light

I am not a fan of hugs(unless it is someone I know)...but I think on this occasion I might have succumbed(unless the said farmer was covered in cow muck that is).
I think he wanted to display his gratitude....felt that a man hug was appropriate, but if that made you feel uncomfortable then so be it.

As I get older(or more mature) I find myself more accepting of someone giving me a hug.
It is more expressive than a handshake...that is the domain of business men and bankers and only means they are not carrying a dagger(still doesn't mean much emotionally)
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 30-12-2017 at 13:32.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:08   #455
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That sure sounds like some kind of authorial quote, have you been sneakily bettering yourself Mr.AccyX?
No, I must of heard it some place, it’ll take more than education to polish this little treasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am not a fan of hugs(unless it is someone I know)...but I think on this occasion I might have succumbed(unless the said farmer was covered in cow muck that is).
I think he wanted to display his gratitude....felt that a man hug was appropriate, but if that made you feel uncomfortable then so be it.

As I get older(or more mature) I find myself more accepting of someone giving me a hug.
It is more expressive than a handshake...that is the domain of business men and bankers and only means they are not carrying a dagger(still doesn't mean much emotionally)
I’m actually a fan of hugs, i believe they should be encouraged, I’m just not effectionate in that way unless I really know the person (I’m happy with a old fanshined handshake until then).

To say on topic, here is a lovely young Victoria shilling I dug up earlier before rain cancelled play.
9679E7D6-BAC1-459A-ADF6-868812900D9D.jpeg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..