Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 21:02   #1
God Member

Bahrain Grand Prix

Can anyone let me know how the GP was on Sunday, I tried to record it but I messed something up, I also failed to record the highlights and I'd like to know who won please and how David Coulthard did, thanks!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2005, 08:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bahrain Grand Prix

The winner was Fernando Alonso, second was Jarno Trulli, and Kimi came 3rd.

Fourth was... oh s*d this, here's the full line up!!!

Bahrain Grand Prix result (57 laps)

1. ALONSO Renault 1h19m18.531s
2. TRULLI Toyota +13.4s
3. RAIKKONEN McLaren +32.0s
4. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota +53.2s
5. DE LA ROSA McLaren +1m04.9s
6. WEBBER Williams +1m14.7s
7. MASSA Sauber +1 lap
8. COULTHARD Red Bull +1 lap
9. BARRICHELLO Ferrari +1 laps
10. MONTEIRO Jordan +2 laps
11. VILLENEUVE Sauber +3 laps
12. FRIESACHER Minardi +3 laps
13. ALBERS Minardi +4 laps
14. BUTTON BAR +11 laps
15. SATO BAR +30 laps
16. HEIDFELD Williams +32 laps
17. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari +45 laps
18. FISICHELLA Renault +53 laps
19. KARTHIKEYAN Jordan +55 laps
20. KLIEN Red Bull did not start

All I can say is ha ha ha to Schumacher!!!

And I highlighted the Brits positions in red for you. Not too good a showing this weekend - let's hope that things improve in Imola on 24 April

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 17:41   #3
Accrington Web Mascot

Gutted about DC - I had a little wager on him to win (well you never know)! He's certainly doing better than Button at the moment!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 20:02   #4
Senior Member+

Well, he's got several more than Button so far.

BAR reckon that Button will win a race this year, but they need to make some rather large strides in their aero package before that happens.

They are allegedly testing new parts for the car between now and the next race in just over 2 weeks time

Old 07-04-2005, 20:28   #5
God Member

Thanks for that Vorlon, DC not great but better than Schumie, hate missing it.
Old 07-04-2005, 21:45   #6
Senior Member+

I never miss them.

If we happen to be out when its on, I video it and avoid all news until I can see it!

My in-laws went out for the day in the countryside a couple of years ago on the day of the British GP. They had the video set to record the race, and had avoided any contact with the media (which is generally quite easy in the countryside!).

They were walking across the car park after their walk to go home, when someone yelled across the car park "DC's won the race!!!"

Gutted!

Old 08-04-2005, 18:57   #7
God Member

I tried to record it, but I messed it up, even messed up the highlights even though all the practise recording I did worked, still getting used to this new dvd, anyway will make sure I stay in for the next one.
Old 08-04-2005, 21:37   #8
Senior Member+

I think then that perhaps it is called sod's law!

One word of advice though - if you have PDC on your recording device, switch it off for ITV, as I find that it does not record a lot of the time.

Just use the normal timer, and add a bit either side. I tend to go a bit over the top on the end time, as delays can mean later finishes than scheduled - Imola 1994 being a case in point.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..