Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 18:16   #1
Accrington Web Mascot

BAR Ban!!!

I can't believe that the BAR team have been banned for the next two races! I know I shouldn't have put a bet on Jenson winning the championship - I stood more chance backing one of the Minardi's!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2005, 18:22   #2

Re: BAR Ban!!!

it didnt seem like much of a rule breach though
and the car was still technically below minimum weight
didthey deserve a two race ban
Old 06-05-2005, 18:40   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cool Re: BAR Ban!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
I can't believe that the BAR team have been banned for the next two races! I know I shouldn't have put a bet on Jenson winning the championship - I stood more chance backing one of the Minardi's!
bar have accepted it and are not appealing so i guess there must be summat in it,though i think theres some very strange rules in formula 1
Old 06-05-2005, 18:53   #4
I am Band

I think that BAR have got off very light. The last time there was an indescretion at this level of motorsport, Team Toyota Europe copped for a 12 month ban from World Rallying for running with a turbo that didn't meet the regulations.
The FIA have been inconsistently lenient.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:19   #5
Senior Member+

Yes, compare that with Schumacher's penalty in 1997, that was publicly aired to how many millions?

Take away their points for that year? Who remembers second place anyway.

I can agree perhaps with docking their points for Imola, but to ban them for 2 races seems a little harsh.

It was a ploy to try and get Honda to back out of the GWPC, which I think has backfired

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..