Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2003, 11:06   #1
I am Banned

Post Barrow next sunday.. Big one

http://www.roosecote-raceway.co.uk/

Barrow..

Next Meeting is on Sunday October 26th  2003.... Featuring...2 litre Bangers.... Bombers.... Rookies.... Saloon Stox.... Ministox..... Hot Rods  & 2 Litre Stock Cars..  1-00pm Start....
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2003, 11:13   #2
Roy
Administrator

Post Re: Barrow next sunday.. Big one

flippin eck arry, you have been doing your homework!!!  did you see the pic of the sausage boy car on the homepage that got trashed on sunday at warton?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 11:18   #3
I am Banned

Doncha just love Google..

I am hooked...well for now anyway.. I aint waiting until next March.. This Sunday Barrow... Wrapped up warm.. folding chairs. flask and butties and plenty of life in the batteries
Old 21-10-2003, 11:27   #4
Roy
Administrator

hehe - accy stanley top + accessories a must!
Old 21-10-2003, 11:32   #5
I am Banned

Hmm may change to a different wooley hat... hahaha!
Old 21-10-2003, 12:32   #6
I am Banned

Aprt from the above info.. This sunday at Barrow its..

Quote:
CHAMPIONSHIP DAY
INCLUDING THE GEMS TROPHY

And reliant robins

Its gunna be mental
Well thats what it says.. Unfortunatly Julie and the boys cant go.. there going to the Halloween do at the town hall at 5pm.. So prob taking my daughters instead who where well impressed with the pics
Old 21-10-2003, 20:13   #7

looks like your really getting into this harry!
might check it out myself...

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 12:31   #8
I am Banned

Looking dodgy again for me

Just been up to redline.. Gotta take my car in tommorow.. Was lazy start the other day. then today wouldn't start.. battery only give me one go but thats usually enough..

Seems it might be the non return valve or air getting in somewhere... battery is supposedly ok.. get car started and battery charges up ok.. would seem diesel isnt staying in pipe ready to start again after leaving stood for a while.. a better battery may give me more turns and force it through.. so new battery. But it shouldn't have that prob anyway so there gonna search.

When I get it back i am gonna have to be assured 100% its fixed or leave for long periods a couple of times to make sure it starts before confident enough to go anywhere

Some days I hate cars
Old 24-10-2003, 10:12   #9
I am Banned

Bit more confident they can find the problem.. I was told to pump this thing?  Under the bonnet.. no idea what it was.. I dont know owt about diesel engines... Anyway it should ahve been full of diesel.. it wasnt and when I pumped it through the car started first time.... Took car in this morning and he said now they know what part of system is failing its now a matter of finding the exact fault.

grrr fingers crossed. Hopefully get back today and fit for sunday

Old 24-10-2003, 17:31   #10

I know the pump well harry. Manual priming is needed on deisels after running out of deisel (i wouldnt know this from personal experiance honest). sounds like yours  has a seal down or something of that nature, if you find you need a new pump deisels are not cheap. Theres a firm in blackburn (think its walsh and midgely) that can recon or repair at a fraction of the price.
hope its sorted for sunday ;D

People work for money!
Old 24-10-2003, 20:48   #11
I am Banned

Well I got the car back this evening.. 86 quid worse off.. New battery and one seal sorted that wasn't broke but wasn't quite right.. Left the car untouched and will see how lively it all is tommorow.. But looking good.

Almost deffo off to Barra on Sunday for the banger racing.. 3 wheeler stuff should be good fun.

Old 24-10-2003, 21:03   #12

sounds good to me harry. and the better half aint workin this week, and she loves it. need to see what roys up to.

People work for money!
Old 25-10-2003, 09:40   #13
Roy
Administrator

looks like i'm going balloning tomorrow morning so i aint going to barrow. will find out for certain tonight when i call the balloon weather line!
Old 25-10-2003, 10:35   #14
I am Banned

Car started first time this morn.. so looks like the dodgy seal was the prob.. new battery for just in case as the old one didnt have enough kick to have two goes at starting it if required...

So balooning eh?  All things considered I would rather be on the ground watching three wheel cars giving it some

Taking me and the girls as wife and sons cant go...

So you there wingy? hehe I should be... Just need to stay off the pop today... Cup game.. cup draw at 5.05 .. just hope where in the hat and get a good league team
Old 25-10-2003, 11:58   #15
I am Banned

Pouring down in preston AM and will be raining in Accy PM so awaiitng weather forcast for tommoz.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..