Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2005, 13:16   #16
Senior Member+
 
vorlon24's Avatar
 

Re: Best garage?

The franchise dealers are generally more expensive than other places.

Thames Fiat is a case in point - they're all a load of rip-off merchants. I will never buy Fiat again.

I would never take my car to a back street garage - at least with AA you know you have a comeback; all a back street garage will do is bankrupt himself to get out of paying a fine and then open up again two weeks later.

This is not the case for 98% of them, but I can't take the chance of finding that 2% who will.
__________________
"The Hour of Scampering is usually around teatime, according to the Vorlon/Human Translation Dictionary."

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2011, 20:05   #17
Junior Member+
 

Re: Best garage?

isit derek or debbie at empress motrs
Kamiiboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 20:19   #18
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiiboii View Post
isit derek or debbie at empress motrs
Threads been dead 6 yrs mate.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:00   #19
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Threads been dead 6 yrs mate.
Think he's an historian cashy he's only made 2 posts and they've both been on dead threads
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:43   #20
Senior Member+
 

Re: Best garage?

Would it not be better to close inactive threads after a decent period?
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:49   #21
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Would it not be better to close inactive threads after a decent period?
think it would be a bit of a pig to decide whats inactive Barrie, owd threads get resurrected, when sometimes new stuff is available to add, sometimes years old.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 17:53   #22
Full Member
 

Re: Best garage?

best garage Tanpits at Church always had great service and very reasonable even picked up my van and returned it and its deisel
esteemedjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 18:10   #23
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think it would be a bit of a pig to decide whats inactive Barrie, owd threads get resurrected, when sometimes new stuff is available to add, sometimes years old.
Like some of use members cashy
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 20:04   #24
Senior Member+
 

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think it would be a bit of a pig to decide whats inactive Barrie, owd threads get resurrected, when sometimes new stuff is available to add, sometimes years old.
Oh, OK Cashy, see your point.
For Volvo cars I can recommend the one in Huncoat, on the sharp left bend by the Chapel - they are brilliant and very reasonable in price
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 20:18   #25
Administrator


 
Neil's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!
Castle Defender Champion!
Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Best garage?

Our cars get most things repaired/serviced at Neil's garage in Ossy, its very handy and a lot cheaper than other places. The work is fully guaranteed and usually completed to a higher standard than most back street garages.

The only other place I have used except for MOT's and wheel alignment/tyres is Diesel Bobs in Ribchester. If its a diesel problem Rob is your man. That was 4 or more years ago for an injection pump rebuild. I have recommended him to others who have also been impressed by his standard of work. The last one had a diesel BMW that BMW was not sure what was wrong with it. Rob sorted him out without a problem.


Oops just remembered I had a gearbox fitted a few years ago because I had no access to a ramp and another 16 years ago down south because I did not think it would make it home to change myself.
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 20:22   #26
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
because I did not think it would make it home to change myself.
Why do yer not carry "Pampers" in the boot?
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 20:32   #27
Administrator


 
Neil's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!
Castle Defender Champion!
Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why do yer not carry "Pampers" in the boot?
I have virtual ones these days for use online and some virtual dummies. The dummies must have got mixed up with the used pampers because they keep being spat out
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:01   #28
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Best garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I have virtual ones these days for use online and some virtual dummies. The dummies must have got mixed up with the used pampers because they keep being spat out
Neil don't put yourself down mate, its a hard life, don't let it get to ya
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 22:41.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.37682 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1