Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2003, 12:33   #1
I am Banned

Post Best garage?

I use redline.  No real reason.. Found it, Used it and always do now.. But nothing to compare it against.. Anyone got good or bad or horror stories.. reccomend a top garage to take car to?

Mine diesel so for me diesel bods needed.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2003, 17:23   #2

Post Re: Best garage?

used Redline myself in the past,no complaints.
I now use FGT in gt harwood went there because it was close, and go regular now no complaints.
Like you Harry i drive a smoker so 6k mile services, clocked up about 18k in 12 months so i need someone i can rely on

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 17:30   #3
Resting in Peace

Used to live just down the road from red line and i used get cars ready for M O T s
any welding that was needed ect always used them very helpfull .
once missed a bit of welding under a sill so they let me use there gear to weld it no charge they wated till i had finished it then passed it for the M O T  ;D
it has changed hands since then so dont know what they are like now
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 08:05   #4
Senior Member+

always find the back street garages better.They know a lot of ways around certain things and are prepared to fix things instead of just swopping new for old.Drive 18.5 k over here.Services i get done every 9.5 k.also drive a diesel and up to now never had any probs.
Old 25-10-2003, 20:09   #5
Junior Member+

Bruce at Redline is a good lad and knows what he's doing. Pete Morgan on Grimshaw street is another I'd trust to do a good job.
MikeWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 23:54   #6
Senior Member+

Re: Best garage?

Derrick at Empress motors, Ellerbeck rd, has my vote of confidence, He is not the cheapest but he is a perfectionest and the only garage I have used that does a job like I would do it myself. I have a car and two vans so he has done quite a bit for me over the last two years, and never any slight niggle( I wish he had........)

He is always well booked up though.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:04   #7
Senior Member+

Cant really comment ont garages in Accy anymore, but is Eric Lynchs place still open, that was my first job when I left school, apprentice bodymaker working for George Hough at Lynchs.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:52   #8
Junior Member+

dont belive in back street garages for any sort of work except basic oil and filter servicing and maybe a bit of mot prep and welding, you are far better taking your ford to a ford dealer or vauxhall to a vauxhall etc as they have all the training and support for all the diagnostic problems on there vehicles this is where the back streets suffer and it ends up costing us more in the long run as they always require more time to diagnose a simple fault that a dealer is usually able to find in minutes and half the time they will sub the work out to the dealer anyway and past the cost on.. well thats just my opinion
andydawson1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:28   #9
God Member

I thought about a vauxhall garage for my car... But seeing the spotty faced yoofs in the garage I just dont fancy paying over the odds for a trainee to service my car.

Redline has changed hands three times while I ahve been using them and I am now looking for a different garage.. I want to find a garage I can trust and who will recognise me as a regular and treat me accordingly. Bruce at redline was great in that respect... If he was working at another garage I would go to him...

Might try Simons suggestion for my next full service
Old 07-06-2004, 17:14   #10

Have you tried Pete Morgan Kipax? a mate of mine swears by him.

People work for money!
Old 07-06-2004, 17:21   #11
God Member

Where would that be then mate?
Old 07-06-2004, 17:53   #12

Just off blackburn road, i am not 100% on the street name but its 1 block down from the caravan storage yard. Maybe 1 street away from Redline.

People work for money!
Old 16-01-2005, 17:11   #13
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Best garage?

I have just had a pair of Toyo tyres fitted to my Pug at Empress Motors, on Ellerbeck Road, near to Accy Vic Hospital.

They cost me £105 each, which was cheaper than the on-line sites were asking. If it is tyres you are after, I would definitely recommend Empress. If they don't have them in stock, they will get them at a couple of days notice.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 18:47   #14
God Member

Grange Lane for me. Looks after my Saab(He converted it to LPG in the first place) and the wifes(MX5 before, Vitara now). Knows his stuff and gets on with the job.

As for Main dealers. The level of training there is no greater than any other garage and although cars are more computerised than ever the 'back street garages' are just as capable at diagnosing faults.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 23:28   #15
Junior Member+

briley's in haslingden is a good garage for repairing cars

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..