Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 10:54   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Car Window Tinting, A Warning To Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
My helmet actually has a clear visor but has 'drop down' internal dark visor/glasses ( bit like a pilots helmet). works really well and is totally legal.

I was going to say I agree with the common sense bit and carrying a clear visor as well until you mentioned your helmet. If a completely legal way to get around the sun problem is available why should they get away with illegal visors?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:24   #17
God Member

because there is only one make of helmet that does ita nd unfortunately helmets are weird in that certain makes fit different people, some people have Arai shaped heads, some Shoei, some Caberg etc.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 13:24   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
because there is only one make of helmet that does ita nd unfortunately helmets are weird in that certain makes fit different people, some people have Arai shaped heads, some Shoei, some Caberg etc.
Maybe the answer would be to do what they do with car safety items. All helmets made from 2010 have to have a built in thing like yours. A bit like all cars from 1986 ( I think it was ) have to have rear seat belts etc etc
Old 09-03-2009, 17:56   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
There was one of those programmes on the other day Neil ..ya' know like Police, Action, etc., can't remember which, but a lady was stopped (4 x 4 of course .. ) and the police would not let her proceed until she had stripped enough of the film off to give her better viewing. She couldn't manage it and had to send for her hubbie. The policeman explained couldn't help her as he may cause damage to the windows, and would be liable for this.
I remember seeing one of these and the copper was quite happy to strip it away by himself. Once he'd got enough off, he gave the driver a producer so that he could show it was all off and had been neatened up.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 18:49   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I remember seeing one of these and the copper was quite happy to strip it away by himself. Once he'd got enough off, he gave the driver a producer so that he could show it was all off and had been neatened up.
Sounds like a lot of fannying around to me. He should have the car taken away impounded if it is not safe to drive.

I am fed up seeing these fly on the wall cap programs where they pull a car over for being unsafe and then let the owner drive it away.
Old 09-03-2009, 19:33   #21
God Member

Both my cars have tinted windows, one is a lot darker than the other, I agree with the front windows being clear, but the rear windows help prevent potential thieves from seeing into the back, which in my job is a bonus!
Old 09-03-2009, 22:53   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am fed up seeing these fly on the wall cap programs where they pull a car over for being unsafe and then let the owner drive it away.
Agreed - but I find it very entertaining. Not watching the TV, but watching my nine-year-old's reaction to some of the car chases which end up with a couple of trashed police cars and a perp who gets 40 hours community service!

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 14:08   #23

I reckon the answer in the long run is Electrical window tinting which is controlled by the ignition.
Ignition Off you are allowed full blackout/limo tint very secure!
Ignition on controlled by a small box to not allow tinting of any type to the windows forward of the centre pillar and adjustable for the others.
When engaging reverse all tint is off.
These functions can be created/used easily as the gearbox and ignition are already used in reverse parking sensors.
merseybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 14:15   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merseybob View Post
I reckon the answer in the long run is Electrical window tinting which is controlled by the ignition.
Ignition Off you are allowed full blackout/limo tint very secure!
Ignition on controlled by a small box to not allow tinting of any type to the windows forward of the centre pillar and adjustable for the others.
When engaging reverse all tint is off.
These functions can be created/used easily as the gearbox and ignition are already used in reverse parking sensors.
Wow that sounds high tec stuff = another gadget to go wrong (expensively)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 14:55   #25

There was something about this on a tomorrows world program in the final series, now that technology was a long time ago.
It was on about house windows but the same would work on cars.

It can be made to failsafe CLEAR.
Most new cars now have electrotint rearview mirrors!

As to your comment 90% of electrical things going wrong on cars today are expensive.

So as with all the "useless additions" we have been given it would then become standard.
merseybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..