Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 07:41   #1

Chinese F1 Grand Prix review (INCLUDES RESULT!!!)

THIS THREAD INCLUDES THE RESULT SO PLEASE DONT SCROLL DOWN UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THIS MORNING.....

The re-run is today on ITV 1 from 11:30am to 1:30pm

Highlights are also today on ITV 1 from 11:45pm to 12:50am

Good start for both McLaren and Ferrari drivers into turn one as alonso tries it on with Massa. Hamilton starts to pulll away easy. As the track starts to dry out some drivers attempt dry weather tyres but some fail and some suceed. As some stay on the intermediates they are clearly not the tyre to have as Raikkonen and Hamilton have a good battle for the lead for a few laps before hamilton pits first but goes off on the turn in for the pit lane and cant get out of the gravel as the marshalls are not allowed to give a push anymore. With Hamilton out its left to the Ferrari of Raikkonen to lead for the rest of the race with Alonso behind and Massa comes in third.

Race result

1. Raikkoen
2. Alonso
3. Massa
4. Vittel
5. Button
6. Luizzi
7. Hiedfield
8. Coulthard

This leave the championship as follows....

1 Hamilton.....107
2 Alonso........103
3 Raikkonen....100

And on closing this review id just like to say...

McLaren you complete idiots! You had the chance to walk away with a World champion but no you decided to be greedy like in the Nurburgring 2006 with Raikkonen. I saw the damage to lewis tyre 4 laps before you brought him in as he was losing 10 seconds a lap! Greed and cocky does not win! Good race for Ferrari and some of the smaller teams having a good chance to grab some points. On to the final race in Brazil.........
Old 07-10-2007, 07:50   #2
God Member

Re: Chinese F1 Grand Prix review (INCLUDES RESULT!!!)

Didn't see all the race but a lesson learnt for Maclaren, will make for a very exciting race in Brazil.
Old 07-10-2007, 16:04   #3

No they wont learn, they didnt when Raikkonen was leading in the European GP in 2006 with a dodgy tyre with alonso 4 seconds behind him. Into the last lap they went and at the first corner BANG goes the tyre. If he had pitted he would have got 8 points instead of 0. Greed
Old 07-10-2007, 20:24   #4
God Member

I thought the tyre delay today was weather related?
Old 07-10-2007, 20:54   #5

No! It was the teams choice for him to stay out. He wanted to come in 3 laps earlier but the teams said stay out. so if he loses the championship its because of the team bosses are greedy! Thats why i dont like Ron Dennis!
Old 07-10-2007, 20:57   #6
God Member

Fair enough, thought you'd be happy that they messed up?
Old 07-10-2007, 20:57   #7
Resident Waffler

Why aren't the marshalls allowed to push? Is it a safety thing?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:05   #8

Oh i am as it meant that Ferrari won again. And the reason why the marshalls are not allowed to push is basically that if the driver as made a mistake that as ended with him in a gravel trap then why should he recieve help and get away with it.
Old 08-10-2007, 22:21   #9

In your review you forgot to mention that SuperBob with his superb 1 stop strategy ended up way out in front (even of Hamilton if he hadn`t dropped it) only for his BMW to break down the very next lap. Sickener.
I totally agree with you about Maclaren`s stupidity at leaving Lewis out for so long when everyone in the world could see the canvas of both rear tyres, but he was hot into that pit lane when he should have been cautious knowing his tyres were jiggered. Like you say they did the same with Raikkonen and got zip when they could have settled for 8 or even 6 pts.
Anyway from a neutral point of view IT`S GOING TO THE WIRE.
All to play for in the last race of the season and you may still have your Ferrari champion yet.
Hope not cos I wan`t to see Lewis do it. I`m no fan of RD either I stopped being team loyal with the demise of Jordan, now I just support the Brits, Oh and SuperBob.
LoL

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..