Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 20:13   #1
Senior Member+

Congratulations Lewis Hamilton

Well what a finish,I thought he had blown it again but he passed Glock with 2 corners to go as the rain came down again.A well deserved championship and if wasnt for a few dodgy decisions it would have beenover long since.Hopefully this is the first of many for Britains formula 1 world champion.The funniest thing IMHO was the change from jubillation to shock and disbelief in the ferrari garage,when at first they thought Massa had done it,only to be told that Lewis had finished 5th instead of the 6th they thought he had finished.
WELL DONE LEWIS
Old 02-11-2008, 20:33   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Congratulations Lewis Hamilton

For those that missed it heres the closing 3 laps LOL Just noticed the title of the video,think they forgot about Damon Hill,Nigel Mansell,Jackie Stewart and James Hunt to name a few LOL

Last edited by mthead; 02-11-2008 at 20:40.
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 20:42   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

one of the best races i ever saw, congrats to young hamilton, commiserations to massa, a worthy winner on the day n a true gent.
Old 02-11-2008, 21:23   #4
God Member

The atmosphere in Spain was electric.
Alonso ahead of Hamilton...that was a bonus for our Spanish neighbours and a cheer went up.
When Hamilton dropped into sixth place, a cheer went up.
But when Hamilton was declared World Champion the mood changed like you would not believe.
Well done lad.....I can celebrate by hanging a UJ out of my window..but I don't think that would be a good idea.
Cashy I think 'bessa me coolo' is in order?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 22:09   #5

Well that truly was the race of the season. Hamilton is the new Senna, he got more ball's than Jungle Jims.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 22:29   #6
God Member

Justice is served. We all love Timo Glock for giving up on the last two corners
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 00:38   #7
Give, give, give member

Not a big Grand Prix fan, but a great result for him, and for Britain, and a nice two finger salute to the racist morons who were giving him a hard time last week.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:10   #8
God Member

Well done lewis, I think it was deserved over the season, cant help wondering if Glock dropped out though, he lost 18 seconds on the last lap, good on him if he did!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:21   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

impression i got wi Glock derek, was to do wi the fact he never pit stopped towards the end (due to rain) and all other leaders did, so therefore his tyres were slowing the car down. personally have no idea if that happens, but some expert explained it.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:44   #10
God Member

It's been a bad season in terms of integrity for the sport's governing authority, but I think at the end of it all Lewis got what he deserved. Not to say that Massa didn't deserve it, but with the injustices served against Lewis this season he deserved that little bit of luck at the end.

I think next season is going to be special. Vettel and Glock will be ones to watch aside from the big dogs.
Old 03-11-2008, 13:39   #11

I love F1 and it was a fantastic race. Nearly flung a shoe at the tv when he dropped to 6th but was jumpin up an down and cheering and laughing at the ferrari teams faces.

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 13:46   #12
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Congratulations Lewis Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Well done lewis, I think it was deserved over the season, cant help wondering if Glock dropped out though, he lost 18 seconds on the last lap, good on him if he did!
The most exciting end to a race that I have ever seen.

The video is no longer available. Hardly surprising really because it was a blatant breach of copyright.

As for Glock – did he or didn’t he?

Well he was on slicks and it was raining so it would be difficult to prove he backed off deliberately.

But even if he did, Ferrari got away with it the previous race and then it was much more blatant, so what is the difference?

I’m being a bit mischievous here but what if Glock gets a seat at McLaren instead of Kovalainen nest year?

But I see that the knives are out already with comments about being a tax exile, he had the best car, he was the favoured driver in the team and of course the comments about the colour of his skin. But the media do not help there by continually referring to him as the first black driver to win the Formula One Championship.

Well done Lewis Hamilton - now go and do it again next season and a few more.
Old 03-11-2008, 13:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The most exciting end to a race that I have ever seen.

The video is no longer available. Hardly surprising really because it was a blatant breach of copyright.

As for Glock – did he or didn’t he?

Well he was on slicks and it was raining so it would be difficult to prove he backed off deliberately.

But even if he did, Ferrari got away with it the previous race and then it was much more blatant, so what is the difference?

I’m being a bit mischievous here but what if Glock gets a seat at McLaren instead of Kovalainen nest year?

But I see that the knives are out already with comments about being a tax exile, he had the best car, he was the favoured driver in the team and of course the comments about the colour of his skin. But the media do not help there by continually referring to him as the first black driver to win the Formula One Championship.

Well done Lewis Hamilton - now go and do it again next season and a few more.
HERE HERE!!!!!

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 16:05   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
I read somewhere that Heikki Kovolainen is contracted to McLaren until 2009. I've had similar mischievous thoughts though. Let's see what happens in the wonderful soap opera of F1!
Old 03-11-2008, 16:26   #15
God Member

This is a sign from above for Obama.

In 1976, James Hunt won the F1 Championship. Jimmy Carter (Democrat) won the White House. No British winner then until 1992, when Nigel Mansell did the deed, and Big Bill Clinton took over after 12 years of Republican rule in Washington. Another 4 years before Damon Hill did the buisness, and guess what? The skirt-staining democrat is re-elected.

The moral of the story is to get round the bookies tonight, before it's to late and put every penny you've got on young Barack.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..