Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2004, 11:36   #1
Senior Member+

Does anyone here watch F1?

I know the season has finished, but does anyone here watch Formula 1?

If so, which team/driver do you support and how long have you been watching it?

For me - I like Williams/McLaren and Mark Webber and Jenson. I don't really dislike any of the teams or drivers, only the ones whose surname begins with Schumacher...
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2004, 13:50   #2

Re: Does anyone here watch F1?

I watch it sometimes, but usually fall asleep before the end of the race...especially if I've had a session the night before. I don't support anyone in particular, but like to see the brits doing well or the smaller teams having a good race.

I prefer to watch the motorcycle racing for thrills
Col.Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 13:58   #3
Accrington Web Mascot

I don't back a particular driver or team but I do enjoy watching the races. I felt a bit sorry for Rikkenen (spelling?) this year - he did so well last year, but the car has really let him down. I think he spent more time watching the races then driving in them!!!

I thought Button did really well - I'm sure he'll win the championship in the future.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 15:51   #4
I am Band

I will sometimes watch the first few laps of a race, to see if there is any carnage or mishaps, but the drone of the engines has a soporific effect on me. I am usually nodding off by about lap eight; maybe that makes a statement about the exitement and quality of the racing.
As a racing spectacle, MotoGP bike racing has far more action to hold one's attention, as there are far more opportunities for overtaking manoeuvres.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 15:55   #5
Resident Waffler

I sort of watch it by association.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 14:51   #6

i used to watch it until it got too repetitive and the results were nearly always the same
Old 10-01-2005, 19:06   #7
Senior Member+

i watch it alot and have been doing for sum years now i like Schumacher he is a good driver i hav liked him since iw as younger n nt just a gloy hunter
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:53   #8
God Member

Bike racing is the place to go for 'racing'. F1 is just a procession lap lead by the team with the most money. It doesn't even look fast. The only time it gets anywhere near interesting is if it is absolutely tipping down.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:46   #9
Senior Member+

Bike racing is fine when you can see what is going on.

I went to Donington to see the MotoGP last year (04) and couldn't see a screen because the people we met up with had plonked themselves right in front of those displays...

...with a bloody bridge in the way! :X

I had a bit of a trek just before the main event started so that I could see what was occurring elsewhere.

At least I saw Rossi win!!!

Old 11-01-2005, 09:07   #10
Senior Member+

Yeah F1 is the bizz second only to football.F1 is the main sport to liven up what i think as boring summer months(for sport anyway).Hope Button eventually gets a good ride.
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:55   #11
Senior Member+

If Geoff Willis has done his job properly over the winter, he should have one already!

I reckon Button will be in a Williams next year though...

Old 11-01-2005, 10:06   #12
Senior Member+

yeah looks like williams for jensen just hope the cars have got their reliability back though
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 13:19   #13
Senior Member+

Should be interesting watching how Webber performs, and how the Macca boys do.

Also watch Fisi (hope the Renault continues to improve) and Button (ditto BAR)

I also hope that the Ferraris break down at every race!

Old 18-01-2005, 13:35   #14
Senior Member+

it would make it good if schumacher retired.Cant take it away from him good driver wonder if it would have made any difference if the late great Senna was still alive???
Old 18-01-2005, 13:46   #15
Senior Member+

Of course it would!

Senna would have won 94, 95 96 and 97, and we would probably have got bored with that state of affairs as well!!!!

Although I think it is quite strange how they call him great. Yes he was a talent, but he had a similar streak to Schumacher; he took Prost out deliberately and by doing so, won the Championship that year.

Last edited by vorlon24; 18-01-2005 at 13:48.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..