Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2005, 12:42   #1
Senior Member+

Ferrari and winning (or not!)

This is in reply to Wayneyboy's post in the bookies, but I thought I should put it in here as it would probably be classed as off-topic!

The FIA didn't change the rules to stop Schumacher from winning all the time - if Ferrari build a car faster than the rest of the grid, then it will still win!

The rule changes were introduced to produce more overtaking, and to make it more interesting for us, the fans and spectators. The fact that Ferrari are having problems is nothing to do with the rule changes - Renault and other teams have caught and passed them, but whether this will continue remains to be seen - Ferrari are introducing their 2005 car this weekend.

Another reason for the rule changes is also to try and reduce costs, but I think the costs have inevitably increased as there have been changes to chassis and downforce regulations have been tightened, so this will have the opposite effect, at least for this year.

What we need is some stability in the rule changes, and limits on testing. That is the single biggest influence on the cars' performance, as any aero/engine/electronics problems can be identified and fixed outside of races.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2005, 21:44   #2
Accrington Web Mascot

Re: Ferrari and winning (or not!)

vorlon24 - I wouldn't worry about the 2005 Ferrari - what a complete disappointment it was this weekend! I didn't see the qualifying but as soon as I heard that Michael was 2nd in the new car - I thought that was the rest of the field's chances gone - not likely though!

The rule change about not being able to change the tyres is the only one I don't like - but only cos the teams look stupid at pit stops just filling the cars up & wiping the windshield!!! I think most of the changes were actually to stop the costs getting out of control - it is OK for a team like Ferrari but other teams like Minardi just couldn't keep up. And lets face it - if no other teams can afford to race - you're not really racing!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 23:04   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Ferrari and winning (or not!)

I like the new tyre rule, it adds to the racing.

I remember the Brazilian Grand Prix a couple of years ago where Montoya and Raikkonen disappeared off into the distance, leaving DC behind, only to fall back and eventually behind DC as he had conserved his tyres.

If the tyre rule had been in existence then, their races would have been totally shot to pieces!

I am not sure about this new engine rule though - there seem to be too many grey areas within the regulations

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..