Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2007, 18:16   #1
God Member

Ferrari .....world Champions

itv.com/f1 - McLaren loses all constructors' points

just had a phone call from TADAH (god rest his banned soul) and he's over the moon
Old 13-09-2007, 19:18   #2
God Member

Re: Ferrari .....world Champions

I love F1 but I'm not too concerned about this as it doesn't affect the drivers championship its only the constructors.
Old 13-09-2007, 19:35   #3
Senior Member+

wot a load of rubbish that ruling was at the end of the day mclaren got the secrets so they arnt secrets and they are worth other 100 million in the fine they got and we still will win the drivers championship and win both next year wot a joke the fia are ...

Last edited by Mick; 14-09-2007 at 06:55.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 19:38   #4

If McLaren gained an advantage knowing they were using confidental Ferrari data then they cheated and must be punished. This i see was an example to other teams who may be doing the same. I see F1 as a team sport so the constructors championship would be more important to me.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 20:05   #5
God Member

I don't really watch F1 that much these days, so forgive me if this is naive of me or whatever.
But shouldn't the McLaren drivers' points be scrapped also? Aren't the drivers going off information that the team give them? & if this info has been gained unfairly then the drivers have an unfair advantage over others?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 20:06   #6
God Member

the drivers just drive i suppose shaker
like everyone, they are given a job and they have to do it, i dont suppose its there fault
Old 14-09-2007, 15:05   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
the drivers just drive i suppose shaker
like everyone, they are given a job and they have to do it, i dont suppose its there fault
True but were they not given immunity if they talked? With that kind of financial dent it might upset their setup next season. Add to that they might out of spite sack the drivers. There will be some that would say it might have been a "set up" and that Ferrari let that info reach Mclaren so that they could win the constructors title seeing as they could not do it with what races remain. The only parties that really know what happened are the 2 teams involved and we will never know the real goings on will we.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 15:11   #8

Yes they were given immunity from punishment whatever they disclosed. As for the fine i dont think it will upset them to much as just from vodaphone alone they recieve $800 million. And i believe they make a profit of around half that each year from sales of clothing and other things etc etc. The set up theory is a good one but is very unlikely to me as it wasnt certain that any punishment would be given plus the infomation started to go to McLaren way back on march before the season started.

Oh and if anyone would like a full copy of the hearing summary just ask as i have it now.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 15:30   #9

At least it`s got people posting in the motorsport section again.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 15:31   #10
God Member

it didnt at first, its been moved
Old 14-09-2007, 22:59   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I love F1 but I'm not too concerned about this as it doesn't affect the drivers championship its only the constructors.
thats me also, at least theirs still a chance of a "British" world champion. P.S.hope all is well with Vorlon?he used to post regular in motorsport.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..