Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 18:39   #1

Formula 1 and "******"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7445636.stm

Right now who made that advert in the 80s about Accy Stanley and milk. Time I sued them for stereotyping us and demeaning our position and making me cry

£1million please...

Now I watched on Sunday and yes he did say it. Thought it was funny. I work in IT and if the computers werent working and he said "there`s a couple of geeks up there now" I wouldnt be upset. Grow a skin people and get the common sense back.
banjoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2008, 18:47   #2

Re: Formula 1 and "******"

I heard it too, I took no offence whatsoever. Bernie Ecclestone never batted an eyelid guess most folk never even took the comment in.
Old 10-06-2008, 19:41   #3
God Member

nooo dont sue the advert , besides been in the top 10 scummiest towns its all were known for

ps:

when you said formula one and pikies i actualy had my fingers crossed that hey had merged the two and there was a new sport where pikies randomly crossed the race track and the cars had to do their best to hit them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 19:57   #4
Give, give, give member

Are there man hole covers on the track?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 20:07   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Are there man hole covers on the track?

lol yeah and they scatter old washing machines around the track edge to tempt them in to crossing over the track lol

now thats formula 1 that i could actualy watch without falling asleep

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 10-06-2008, 20:10   #6
God Member

Lol, real mans entertainment!

Oh can't be.... he mentioned washing machine
Old 10-06-2008, 20:30   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Lol, real mans entertainment!

Oh can't be.... he mentioned washing machine
hey every wife should have one

err i mean woman

err i mean girlfriend

err i mean home

yes every home should have one thats what i meant to say

Old 10-06-2008, 20:34   #8
God Member

i would like to point out that i am not actualy sexist and that i once helped out my ex partner by attatching her favourite item her mobile phone to the iron but she couldnt figure out hands free and kept burning her ear when she answered the damn thing

Old 10-06-2008, 21:01   #9
God Member

Thats not why she is an EX partner is it? lol
Old 11-06-2008, 10:03   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Thats not why she is an EX partner is it? lol

nope shes an ex because after the iron i decided to try attatching her mobile phone to the food blender

may her soul rest in pieces

Old 11-06-2008, 10:09   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
nope shes an ex because after the iron i decided to try attatching her mobile phone to the food blender

may her soul rest in pieces
Bless, ya know how to treat em huh

Dread to think what ya do to the current, although I hope ya learnt to be more careful wit her
Old 11-06-2008, 10:11   #12
Senior Member+

i dont think putting a bit of lippy on your hand is classed as having a girlfriend.......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:16   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i dont think putting a bit of lippy on your hand is classed as having a girlfriend.......

Nah but if he puts it on the end of his........(whistle, whistle) surely that must count
(No over 18's)
Old 11-06-2008, 11:03   #14
Resting in Peace

Reminds me of the WKD advert on telly "Mum when you've finished cleaning the car, the wife would like a hand in the kitchen" priceless

Last edited by jaysay; 11-06-2008 at 11:04. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18   #15
God Member

I really liked that advert too, then looked at my partner and thought ya wouldn't dare

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..