Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2007, 21:39   #1
I am Banned

McLaren Show off new car

McLaren have unveiled their 2007 challenger at an official launch ceremony in Spain. The MP4-22 was revealed to the press at Valencia’s Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias on Monday afternoon.On hand to witness the car’s debut were the men who will race it, world champion Fernando Alonso and Formula One newcomer Lewis Hamilton, plus McLaren test drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett.

“The MP4-22 looks fantastic,” said Alonso. “Obviously we need to check how the car is from inside, as in how it performs, however from the outside it is without a doubt the best looking car I have ever driven.

“There are a lot of new things to take into account this year, not just my new team but changes to the regulations and the switch to Bridgestone tyres. So we have a lot to do, there are many things I have to learn from McLaren and them about me also. I cannot wait to get my hands on the car and start this process.”

McLaren hope the new car will put them back in contention for the world championship after a disappointing 2006 campaign saw them fail to win a race for the first time in a decade.

The MP4-22 will make its test debut at Valencia on Wednesday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mclarenf1.jpg (68.7 KB, 28 views)
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..