Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2003, 17:55   #1

Post mobile speed traps

Thought some of you guys might be interested in knowing where the weekly mobile speed traps in lancs are going to be. you never know it may save you a few
quid!

w/c 12-10-03
sunday
Belmont village
A59 Gisburn rd Gisburn
Burnley rd Crawshawbooth

monday
Manchester rd Accy
Hyndburn rd Accy
st Marys Way Rawtenstall

Tuesday
Branch rd Lower Darwen
Elton rd Belthorn
Haslingden Old rd Haslingden

Wednesday
Pole Lane Darwen
Bolton rd Blackburn
Manchester rd Haslingden

Thursday
Simonstone Lane Simonstone
Blackburn Old rd Great Harwood
New lane Bacup

Friday
A682 Gisburn rd Gisburn
Belmont Village
Burnley rd Bacup

Saturday
Blacksnape rd Blacksnape
A59 Gisburn rd Gisburn
Bolton rd North Edenfield

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2003, 19:19   #2

Post Re: mobile speed traps

cheers for that wingy,i have printed it out and will use it next week when i am driving all day doing local deliveries for the timber yard i work for.
.....are you going to do it every weekend for us all??

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 22:01   #3

will do whenever im home, might even do a list of static cameras too if i have time.  i dont think speeding is clever (although i enjoy it) but when the cameras are in stupid places and purely for revinue i think it stinks. hope it heps people out

People work for money!
Old 11-10-2003, 22:19   #4

agreed  ;D

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 13:02   #5

Well I was caught out whilst at work on Hyndburn Road recently.  Funny though, as I saw it coming the other way beforehand and forgot on my way back!  

That was in a good place though, next to schools and residential areas.  Don't know why they choose some of the other places!
Old 15-10-2003, 07:14   #6

Spotted another speed camera, they are setting one up on whalley road just outside the Balti Stan.  As you are going down into clayton, thats what side it is on.
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 08:34   #7
God Member

Good
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 10:07   #8

It's not good!  > I do not speed on public roads, but when the person infront of me is, and they brake suddenly to avoid being snapped, they cause major accidents sometimes.  especially when their brake lights are not working!  I agree with the speed cameras to a point.  Some are in the most rediculous places.
Old 15-10-2003, 10:18   #9
I am Banned

If the person in front of you brakes because of a speed camera.. that is not the speed cameras fault. A speed camera can not be blamed for accidents. Only the drivers who act differently around them.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 10:42   #10

I agree fully.  I do not mind speed cameras, i agree with them.  most are in areas where they are definitly needed, but like you say, drivers are the problem, so something needs doing about careless driving - speed cameras only slow them down for a few seconds and then they are off again.
Old 15-10-2003, 10:59   #11
God Member

So this is where the second hidden, or mobile camera comes in.....let them think they've got away with it ....then..PING!...smile, you're on Candid Camera...and here's a fifty quid fine. Have a Nice Day!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Old 15-10-2003, 11:20   #12

Good idea!  
Old 15-10-2003, 18:33   #13

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=motors;num=1066074673;start=0#10 date=10/15/03 at 11:59:26]So this is where the second hidden, or mobile camera comes in.....let them think they've got away with it ....then..PING!...smile, you're on Candid Camera...and here's a fifty quid fine. Have a Nice Day!!!! ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Its not £50 though is it its £60 and 3 penalty points, which your insurane co counts for 5 years. I think thats way overboard. The speedo in your car is calibrated to 10%, so if your calibration is out you may think you are 2mph over and still get done. Every driver speeds nobody can say they never have, if your in the wrong place at the wrong time you pay for it for 5 years.

People work for money!
Old 16-10-2003, 12:42   #14
God Member

In that case, go at 10% under.....easy when you know how
Old 17-10-2003, 11:31   #15

A new camera has gone up on Burnley road also, just past cookes petrol station on right hand side if your driving up burnley road

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..