Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2005, 16:36   #1
Roy
Administrator

Thumbs up Off-Roading Briercliffe July 3rd

I'm back in town for my hols soon and one of the first things I need to do is get the good ole land rover mucky.. Fortunately the great people over at 4x4funday arranged a session at briercliffe a couple of days after my arrival! So, wingy, staggeringman and anyone else with a 4x4 and a desire for fun, what do you say? Are you up for it or what?

Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-06-2005, 06:42   #2
God Member

Re: Off-Roading Briercliffe July 3rd

Roy,
What level of 4x4 do we need to have a do? SWMBO has a 2.0 V6 Vitara I wouldn't mind getting dirty. I've never been offroading as such, (bit of gravel rallying when I was younger and autotests)

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 06:58   #3
Roy
Administrator

A 2 litre v6 vitara will do fine. Quite a few people turn up in vitaras and generally do not get stuck. We have all the recovery equipment needed anyway if anyone where to get stuck. Even staggers ford explorer coped with everything thrown at it without a problem! (and a vitara is better, but don't tell him that)!

Heres a not so often shown picture of a little 1 litre suzuki sj pulling a land rover out of the mud..

Old 22-06-2005, 08:32   #4
God Member

What about tyres etc? It only has standard road going stuff on. How much does this day cost anyway?

Ian
Old 22-06-2005, 08:33   #5
God Member

Oh and what about tuition should Julie fancy having a go? Shes not been driving that long so will need a bit of help.
Old 22-06-2005, 09:59   #6
Roy
Administrator

It costs 30 squid per car on the day. In the photos in the first post there is only my land rover with mud terrain tyres, the discovery and the explorer both have road bias tyres.
The place is basically a free for all and you just try what you think you can do, we usually go around in a group so can offer advice on how/what to do at relevant stages. There is something for everyone, easy stuff and hard stuff, its entirely up to you what you do.
The last person to take his wife up there in a vitara didn't get much of a go because the wife did nearly all the driving, it was her first time as well! I can't find the photos of that though but I seem to remember they had great fun putting it into 2 wheel drive and spinning around a lot....
Old 22-06-2005, 10:08   #7
God Member

Right, I'll see if MIL will look after Siobhan. I'll let you know if its a go-er.

Ian
Old 22-06-2005, 10:24   #8
Resting in Peace

Well at least it should be warmer than last time hehe
but might not be as muddy
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 16:20   #9

I'll be there for sure! I'm off over to Grahams tonight so will see if he fancies it too.
Should be fun, the more the merrier!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 16:27   #10
Roy
Administrator

Excellent wingy!
Ian, I really hope the two of you can come it shall be nice to meet you, and I am sure you will enjoy it.
Anyone else out there with a 4x4 fancy getting dirty?
Staggers, have you managed to get yourself permission?
Old 25-06-2005, 18:18   #11
God Member

Right, pass out arranged, What time and where do we meet!

Ian
Old 28-06-2005, 08:00   #12
Roy
Administrator

okey dokey, not settled on full details yet but they usually open the quarry for us at about 10:30/11ish. Wingy, what time are we meeting and where? Perhaps 10:15 outside the stag at church, conveniently close to the motorway and we can wake staggers up if he isn't coming and annoy him.
Old 28-06-2005, 08:08   #13
God Member

We are looking forward to it now. Julie is quite nervous, Still it will be fun.

Ian
Old 01-07-2005, 07:41   #14
God Member

Is 10:15 outside the Stag confirmed then?

Ian
Old 01-07-2005, 08:26   #15
Roy
Administrator

Not sure yet, I've just arrived back in sunny Accrington and not had chance to discuss properly. It'll be something like that though...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..