Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2004, 22:13   #1
Junior Member+

Radio Control Car Clubs

hi all me and a friend are getting back in to electric rc cars does anyone know of any clubs in or around the bb post code, i am aware of the one already at west view lesuire in preston but i was hoping for 1 nearer to home
andydawson1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-06-2004, 12:32   #2

Re: Radio Control Car Clubs

I'm not sure but i wouldn't mind finding one myself. I recently bought a couple of nitro cars and need to sort some bits out to get them running again.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 21:35   #3

Talking Re: Radio Control Car Clubs

found a great place to race in ozzy.its a full size gravel footy pitch....been down a few times with my nitro truck giving it full blast all the way round...first time ive had it out anywhere without breaking the feccker..no bumps or kerbs to bang into...
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 22:13   #4

yeah im looking for the same , just finishing my new electric buggy ( the missus managed the throw the last one away somehow) and have been looking for a local club.

Now according the the latests Radio Controlled Car Racer magazine which has a clubs directory in the back there is a Oswaldtwistle Buggy Club which race 1/10th scale buggys out of Victoria Sports Football Arena at 7:15 on a friday night. But this is unconfirmed by myself.

Anyways if there is enuff people perhaps we could set a new club, not that i have all the electrics for my car as yet Bought the kit on ebay for £200 built it but still not bought all that one needs to make the thing work.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:21   #5

yeah its a good idea to start ne up as i have a nitro buggy but never really race it because it cuts out when i rev it

I need help
Old 11-11-2004, 09:34   #6

im no expert in buggies by any means however i have the power of the internet and im willing to give it a go

I wonder if winfields car park would be a good place for testing these things out they have that nice open gravel area at the start of it if i recall and we could always use the lancashire homes and gardens car park till they turn it into tescos
Old 11-11-2004, 09:38   #7

Ive just ordered a new bodyshell for my LOSI (didnt like my paitn job on the last one) and hoping to order my motor and speed controller this afternoon god willing. Only problem atm is the website i want to order from wont post to a different address from my credit / debit card address which i can understand. Only no one is really about during the day and either way my dog has a post fettish and if he can break a metal zippo lighter in a padded envelope im sure he can make light work of an expensive ESC.
Old 11-11-2004, 18:20   #8

does anyone know if that oswaldtwistle buggy club still exists then?
Old 12-11-2004, 13:03   #9
Roy
Administrator

I`ve no idea if there is a club in ossy. But I think a great place for messing with the radio control cars would be the bmx track at west end.. Is that still there? Starting a local club sounds like I good idea, I would also be interested as I have 2 nitro vehicles(dead imports unfortunately) and am hoping for a third sometime soon....
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 13:37   #10

well im off to otley model sport on saturday to pick up some parts, and ill be going to rossendale models also i think to pick up some paint so ill ask if they know of anything in accy area, if not then we will sort something new.
Old 13-11-2004, 09:23   #11

i still stand by the footy fields accross from the stop and rest in ozy..its totally flat and would make a great race meet place...ive never seen people using when ive been down..so dont think it would upset people with a few cars racing round.......better get some lights on for night races as its a bit dark at night.....
Old 13-11-2004, 19:59   #12

yeha its areally good idea do u think we should set up a club

Accyweb racers maybe..l....
Old 15-11-2004, 19:03   #13

So is this a non go-er then or is anybody up for it
Old 15-11-2004, 19:10   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
So is this a non go-er then or is anybody up for it
im up for it i just aint finished my car yet

ive got my motor, speed controller and servo now which im just about to fit

still need radio gear batteries and charger which i should have within the next couple of weeks. ive also got a new bodyshell on order as im not happy with the one i painted. So ill use one for messin and make a cool one for show. Thats if i ever show it or finish it for that matter :P
Old 16-11-2004, 10:43   #15

Anybody else up for it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..