Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2003, 15:11   #1

Post Re: Trial Bikes

Any members into Trials bike riding? my daughter has a Trials bike and really enjoys it, i have taken her to a few local spots where she can practice, she is doing fine for the length of time she has spent riding it, would be good for her to join a local club, there used to be a club years ago that met up at Bash Con club, anyone know if it's still going?
B.
Old 26-11-2003, 19:58   #2
Junior Member+

Post Re: new topics

Dunno about local clubs, but there are a whole bunch of guys gather in the quarry at the side of the A56 near Mitchel House Res. Seems to happen about 1 Sunday every month. Land owner is a guy named Neil Williams, has a farm / riding school. Must be in the P.B. somwewhere. Sorry I have no more details.
Hope this helps.
Cruisermik.            
cruisermik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 16:13   #3

Thanks for the info Cruesermik.
We have ventured up by Mitchel house res a few times, a bunch of us were asked to leave not too long ago, i was under the impression that the land belonged to the Water board but it seems not.
Finding somewhere to ride was not a problem when i was a kid, how times change.
We have been going up around the old Huncoat power station on a Saturday afternoon, we aint had any agg up to press.

B.
Old 01-12-2003, 16:22   #4
Senior Member+

Years ago, there used to be scrambling up green haworth dont know whether it still goes on though.
Old 01-12-2003, 16:24   #5

Post Re: Trial Bikes

Mini Moto....
We took a look at the Blackburn carting centre the other night it's just behind Blackburn railway station we had a short session on the Mini Moto bikes, it was great fun, i had a job to fit on the thing, was good fun all the same, if anyone fancies Mini Moto or Carting i can recomend it....minimum cost is £10.00 per head, we came away saying "when we going again" they also have kid's Quad bikes for hire...

B.
Old 02-12-2003, 19:08   #6
Junior Member+

Post Re: Re: Trial Bikes

Hey Bluesmaster,
Sorry to hear you were asked to leave the quarry.    
Was that everyone that was there or just some of you ?
Niel Williams was very much into trials riding a few years ago, and I thought it was all going on with his blessing.
I had just seen the guys going at it on my way to and from home, and knowing he was the landowner it just seemed right up his street.
I don't think it is still going on at Green Howarth, I work with a bloke who was one of the organisers, he's in China at the moment, with Wingy as a matter of fact.
I'm into off-roading and don't know much about the local trail / trial bike riding but I'd be surprised if youare the only one on this forum who is interested in bikes.      :-/ :-/
A.T.B. Cruisermik.
cruisermik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 17:12   #7
Senior Member+

Re: Trial Bikes

how much does it cost for kartin

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 27-08-2004 at 18:06.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 17:25   #8

Re: Trial Bikes

been after a do on the mini motos for ages they had them the other year at the moto gp at donnington but was to busy not one hundred per cent sure but theres plenty of ideal trial bike tracks in mallam on the opposite side of the road of the reservoirs i know they did a bit of ralllying up there
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..