Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2008, 14:01   #1
Senior Member+

Singapore G.P

Head up Aleks - Ferrari just thrown the constructors and a chance at the drivers championship away...
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2008, 15:18   #2
God Member

Re: Singapore G.P

Loved it. Ferraris crashing all over the gaff. Can't beat a sight like that in F1.
That's karma!!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 17:34   #3

thats twice Kimi`s done that now, just chucked points away. He did it in spa when he was second. By my reckoning he must have dropped 8 there (he would actually have won after the penalty for Lewis) and what 4/5 today. So in all thats 12 which would have put him in the title hunt (ish) and really helping Ferrari on the constructors.

I do feel a bit sorry for Felipe though. However he always seems to have the dramas, its like an all or nothing driver. 7 points 3 races. Theoretically if Ferrari always finish one/two in the right order he`d still win. Dont think Kimi is upto it however.
Old 28-09-2008, 19:11   #4
Full Member+

It was the best Grand Prix there has been for ages as the circuit is not as clinical as many of the others. Massa gets a green light and he's off, there is no time for mirror and signals in F1. I think they rely on fancy technology a bit too much. Do you reckon a trained human being with a lollipop will return for the next one? Credit to Hamilton, he kept his head and settled for third rather than risk it and end up with nothing.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 19:16   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
It was the best Grand Prix there has been for ages

Ooh dunno about that. It was good, but I think Spa is better as there is more chance to overtake. Singapore only has one spot really and whilst there was a lot of overtaking there (turn 7) the rest was very processional. However what most spectators may not get is that it is a true test of a driver circuit with maximum concentration for two hours. It looks more difficult to drive and less forgiving than Monaco

Have to admit the overhead shots looked fantastic with it all lit up. It definately suits the expensive, top technical look of formula 1.

Was I a bit cruel in hoping all the lights would go out though just to see what would happen ?

Last edited by banjoman; 28-09-2008 at 19:17. Reason: Get quote correct
banjoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 19:29   #6
God Member

Hamilton overtaking Coulthard was the highlight for me. The boy has talent!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 21:19   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Do you reckon a trained human being with a lollipop will return for the next one?

I’m sure they used a traditional lollipop when he made his second stop. Hope they keep it that way before some poor sod gets badly hurt.

In fact maybe the re-fuelling should be done away with completely, it only causes problems. In qualifying you get some cars returning to the pits slower to save fuel after their flying lap. Then the nonsense when the safety car is out and the pits are closed and someone needs to refuel. It bores the pants off me when it gets to the stage when some race is going to be won by “pitlane strategy”…not really why I want to watch F1. The only time it gets remotely exciting in the pits is if some poor ****** gets engulfed in a sheet of flames…that’s not what I want to see in F1 either.

Make the tanks on the cars bigger and get rid of the refuelling.
Old 29-09-2008, 23:57   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i aint keen on these " Street type races" very little chance to overtake, get a bad grid position n yer virtually goosed.
Old 30-09-2008, 13:48   #9
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Singapore G.P

Ferrari’s mishaps. Poetic justice methinks.

Well done Lewis on a professional drive.

Too many races are won and lost in the pits.

Although pits stops are part and parcel of a race, who actually wins or loses a race? The driver obviously, but only courtesy of the pit crew.

Does anyone remember the days when cars were fuelled for the whole race and the engines were also turbo charged? Back in Mansell’s day. Use the turbo too often and you run out of fuel just like Nigel Mansell did on the last lap, I think it was, when he was in the lead.

Maybe it is time to take a step back and rethink F1 racing? Let it be down to just the driver and the car.
Old 30-09-2008, 21:46   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i aint keen on these " Street type races" very little chance to overtake, get a bad grid position n yer virtually goosed.
Ermmmmm......Alonso won from 14th didn't he??

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 22:41   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Ermmmmm......Alonso won from 14th didn't he??
Ermmmmmmm.... i said virtually.
Old 01-10-2008, 17:45   #12
God Member

I think I'm going senile or suffering from the dreaded Darwen dementia. I saw the title of this thread and thought it was about a doctor from Singapore.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 17:56   #13
Senior Member+

Sports Thead
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 18:39   #14
God Member

Quote:
Sports Thead
I know, that's why I read it. I thought what's A General Practioner in Singapore got to do with 'General Sport and Hobby Talk'? Anyway what's a thead?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 19:28   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Anyway what's a thead?
Something that some peoples sanity hangs by...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..