Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2007, 20:05   #1
I am Banned

Toyota kick off 2007 Car launches

Toyota became the first team to unveil their new car on Friday as the wraps came off the TF107 at their German base in Cologne. With it, the Japanese car manufacturer is aiming to capture its maiden Formula One win, having joined the sport back in 2002.“Our fundamental challenge this year is to get the first victory,” said team principal Tsutomu Tomita. “We announced that a year ago, but we failed to succeed in 2006. And therefore we want to repeat that challenge in 2007.

“I know all the other teams are working very hard, particularly the top three. We have five years experience in F1, but still we are young in comparison with the top teams, therefore we have to be modest about it. But we would like to challenge them.”

The TF107 has been designed by the engineering teams led by Luca Marmorini, Toyota’s senior general manager (engine) and his chassis counterpart, Pascal Vasselon. It will again be driven by the experienced line-up of Ralf Schumacher and Jarno Trulli, who are joined by new test driver Franck Montagny.

There is very little carryover from the car’s TF106B predecessor in terms of parts and the TF107 features a number of new, key features, including a higher front end and innovative suspension concepts, as well as numerous, more subtle changes.

“It’s pretty extensively changed in terms of basic lay-out,” said team President John Howett. “When we went from the V10 to V8 the back of the engine effectively stayed in the same place, and the chassis and fuel tank filled the space where the front two cylinders of the V10 were. Now we’ve moved to engine forward, and yet worked really hard to still have a big tank. The gearbox is longer, and we will run a seamless shift for the first time.

“Aerodynamics is the big focus, and a lot of the chassis layout has been designed to give better aero opportunity. The whole monocoque concept has been modified in terms of height and how it sits. Before it was quite a low car, now it’s higher. We have improved the suspension, and we have some interesting developments in the pipeline that we hope will give us performance.”

Toyota are looking to recover from a disappointing 2006 campaign, which saw them drop to sixth in the overall standings, having finished fourth the previous year. However, as the only one of the 11 Formula One teams to go into the new season with the same engine, the same tyre partner, and the same two race drivers, they are hoping this high degree of continuity will enable them to be immediately competitive at March’s season opener in Australia.

“We have addressed reliability this year,” Howett added. “And we have resolved issues like the launch system, which we fixed at the end of last season, and which cost us dearly. We’re improving the car, flat out, all the time. So I think we have the potential to win this year, and I’m disappointed that we didn’t deliver it in 2006.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOYOTA F1 2007.jpg (207.4 KB, 36 views)
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2007, 20:25   #2
God Member

Re: Toyota kick off 2007 Car launches

your thoughts on Nascar ........
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 20:51   #3
I am Banned

Have to be honest pal dont watch it but if you do then how is montoya doing? Here is a link i hope you find useful....

http://www.dailyracer.com/nascar-series/index360.html
Old 12-01-2007, 20:54   #4
God Member

thank god your not that boring in bed ay tad x

Last edited by flashy; 12-01-2007 at 20:58.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 20:56   #5
God Member

F1.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

now bike racing. overtakes at pretty much every corner, now THATS racing

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 20:59   #6
I am Banned

yeah dont mind bikes but love F1. Most people who say that have not sat down and given it a full chance i think but hey its what ever you like.
Old 12-01-2007, 21:05   #7
God Member

its just that there is so little 'action', 1st corner then it settles into a arade with the odd cock up in teh pits. The only time its interesting is when its absolutely tipping down and they are spinnining like tops

Old 12-01-2007, 21:12   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
Have to be honest pal dont watch it but if you do then how is montoya doing? Here is a link i hope you find useful....

http://www.dailyracer.com/nascar-series/index360.html
Nah cant stand it , boring as h*ll , just going round in circles , its popular in the Bubba states, thought it was looked down on by the europeans. and most Yanks can't get into Formula 1 , think its elitist , guess if they cant be number 1 they dont want to play
Old 12-01-2007, 21:51   #9
God Member

hence 'World series baseball'

Nobody else can be bothered to play it

Old 12-01-2007, 22:08   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
hence 'World series baseball'

Nobody else can be bothered to play it
folks get upset when I compare Baseball to Rounders and Basketball to Netball .....both games played by little lasses , its good to stir things up a bit sometimes
Old 12-01-2007, 22:21   #11
God Member

, I spend a lot of time to phillipino colleagues.

not exactly known for their great height, yet basketball is one of the national sports!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..