Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2003, 16:35   #1
I am Banned

Post Way to go?

I went to Barrow.. 88 miles there using M6 to junction 36 then to Barrow.... Around 88 miles coming back but using the A65 at junction 36 instead.. so moterway may look the long way around but its about the same milage and quicker as you can get a better average MPH

So anyone looking to take A59 and over A65 to meet M6 as a shortcut.. its the same milage as going down towards preston and up the M6 and takes longer...

ALSO

From here down to the M1 into London.. Most take M6 and follow it through to M1 at other sde of brum...

However if you go towards Leeds and down the M1 its 16 miles longer to get to the point where M6/M1 meet.. however you probably all know how many roadworks there are on the M6 .. loads and loads.... But last time I went none on the M1

So for the extra 16 miles...Leeds then down the M1 is a quicker route than down the M6 to M1
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2003, 18:25   #2

Post Re: Way to go?

ok harry, for the south try m6 j15 A50 takes you to m1 j 21. allways free running traffic. me and roy go regular. its a good run nice break from motorway.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 18:28   #3
Roy
Administrator

yup - thats certainly my route of choice for the m1,  the a50 is dual carriageway all the way as well!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 18:38   #4

Pretty quick unless your clutch explodes eh Roy

People work for money!
Old 26-10-2003, 18:39   #5

Pretty quick unless your clutch explodes eh Roy  ;D

People work for money!
Old 26-10-2003, 19:41   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Go to Leicester to see family a lot and usually go M62 then M1, have done M6, A50 before but it brings me out at the wrong M1 junction for where I need to be in Leicester. Good route fro London though. Last time I did London, went down A1(M) but was only going as far as Stansted.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 22:35   #7
I am Banned

I like alternatives to motwrway.. get a real rd and it keeps you awake
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2003, 14:42   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Proper roads keep you awake, motorways can be a bit boring, went to Leicester a couple of weeks ago, big family wedding and had to stay at a hotel. M62 was a nightmare as it was rush hour when we set off, I was driving and my dad turned into the are we nearly there yet? kid.
Went down A1 then A46, my hotel was on the A46 and there was hardly any traffic on it, nice scenery as well. The M1 junction from M62 was chock a block when we passed it. Love finding alternative routes. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2003, 17:42   #9

no altertative routs for me tomorrow just german autobahn

People work for money!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..