Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 09:45   #1
God Member

Wheel arch rust

Well my radiator is still going strong with no leaks....

Can see rust on wheel arch ... best course of action ??
Old 06-06-2006, 10:56   #2
God Member

Re: Wheel arch rust

Sell the heap of junk?

Seriously, how old is this car? My Volvo is nearly 10 years old and hasn't a mark on it. You can get into replacing them but it is normally rusting throuigh from teh inside so means that its probably a lot more widespread than you think. I would be looking to get shut if it was me

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:11   #3

Got to agree, by the time it's got to the surface it's usually too late.

New wing/s if you are intent on keeping the car if not, and if financially possible, change it for a newer one.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:17   #4
Resting In Peace

I can't tell you how to cure wheel arch rust but if anyone is interested I can tell you how to help to prevent it happening in the first place, and that is when you wash the vehicle just before you put the hose pipe away (if there is no hosepipe ban) go under the wheel arch with the hosepipe and your fingers to loosten any build up of dirt under the outside edge and then hose it clean. I have a 12 year old Toyota with no rust on it at all, I have had it for the last ten years and I have used this tip every time, it only takes a few seconds per wheel arch.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22   #5
God Member

yep, works a treat, I always make sure there isn't any soil/dirt build up.

When I buy a car I always give it a really good clean underneath, then apply any rust treatments if I can see any then rustproof it. Takes about a day in total but makes your cars last a heck of a lot longer

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 18:26   #6
God Member

Take it into a body shop and the'll sort it for a while but like others have said its usually too late, might be Ok if its right on the edge. Agree about the preventative treatment, always give them a really good wash when you get them then waxoil everywhere under the car making sure you get well into the corners of wheel arches, I use waxoil and one of them pump action garden sprays, will be doing this task myself very soon, never any rust on my cars but there usually sold before they get to about 6 year old

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..