Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Motoring + Motorsports
Donate! Join Today

Motoring + Motorsports Talk cars, recommend garages, help with problems.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 09:40   #1

Wot type of car do you drive

How Many crashes also (ths will b fun)
Tell mi the worst/funniest/weirdest drivin experience
mine woz tryin 2 drive down southwood narrowly missed a lamppost
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2004, 09:53   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Wot type of car do you drive

I currently drive a Vauxhall Corsa. Had an accident in 1989 on the A50, quite nasty. It was my first weekend off in ages and me and my mate refused to spend it in hospital therefore wouldn't let them put us in the ambulance. A bit bruised for a week or so, but was in my dad's Volvo at the time and got off quite lightly, although the car was a mess (sorry dad!)
It amuses me how people think they're invisible when they are in the car and insist on picking their noses etc while sat at the traffic lights. It was only last week that a woman sat in her car behind me at the lights was doing just that..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:55   #3

its disgustin innit
pick it lick it roll it flick
:P
Old 04-07-2004, 10:01   #4

i remember mi aunties crash she woz hit from d side and both hips were broken
OUCH!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:35   #5

I pick my nose in the car fully aware that people can see me - if they wanna watch me do it then thats their call - if it needs picking then pick it (especially hayfever sufferers in summer)!

When I was 17 I had five lovely ladies packed into my car (!) and then proceeded to reverse into a lamppost! God I'm soooo cool.......that was embarassing but as far as danger goes then as a teenager there are too many to mention.....
Old 04-07-2004, 11:45   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
I pick my nose in the car fully aware that people can see me - if they wanna watch me do it then thats their call - if it needs picking then pick it (especially hayfever sufferers in summer)!

Hehehehe... If I see you, I'll knock on your window and give you a tissue..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:02   #7

i gess im the onli person on accy web that dusnt no wot u all look like eh?
oh well wot car woz it ceejache
Old 04-07-2004, 12:03   #8

mi mams got a puegot 206
mi dads got a Kia Mentor
Mi Stepdads got a mitsubishi galant
And i got nowt
Old 04-07-2004, 12:22   #9

Thanks Lettie! Its hard to pick your nose with a tissue though and no matter how hard one blows its never satisfactory, also the tissue fibres aggravate my nose and give me sneezing fits especially in summer (hayfever and that). If it needs picking then so be it....rather like having an itchy backside in a crowded shopping centre (obvious stratch it not pick it...).

If you see a white Rover Metro (they've re-badged it you fool - Alan Partridge) 1.4 being driven by a bloke talking to himself and gesticulating and shaking his head at other road users incompetence then its probably me. And if you're really lucky I might be having a good root up the old nasal cavity at the time.....
Old 04-07-2004, 13:30   #10

I drive a Land Rover Discovery (the tractor).

I have had a few minor scrapes here and there, but the best and most embarasing was in 1996.
After being made newly single from my then girlfriend, me and a few mates decided we would have a drive round on a friday night and look for some young ladies to oggle. Whilst driving through Clitheroe one of my mates spotted a group of girls, so i pipped the horn and proceeded to take a good look. Whilst oggling the young ladies a taxi infront decided to stop and i ploughed straight into the back of him.......
Funny now but not at the time.. i had only had the car for 2 weeks, and my chances of impressing the girls was totaly gone hehehehehehe.

I hope Roy replies to this!!!! Just think Hire Cars Roy hehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2CIMG1824-med.JPG (35.0 KB, 80 views)

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 15:13   #11
Roy
Administrator

hehe!! ok, so I hired a car from BMS in accy (just off burnley road) and wrote it off on the roundabout under the viaduct within five minutes.... And you can still see the marks on the indisde of the roundabout even now!! I also crashed my 1968 volkswagen beetle(my favourite car ever) on Hyndburn road. I used to have a 306 gti6 but the bloody joyriders wrote that off so now i have a nice and slow (hehe) land rover defender.... god help anyone if they decide to crash into me this time!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 17:49   #12

Ouch bet dat hurtt
Old 05-07-2004, 17:55   #13
Resident Waffler

I don't drive anything now but I once had a Hillman Imp.

A friend once rolled his car over with us in it, right at the end of Fern Gore Ave where the road twists and turns and becomes Ossy. Went right through the garden fence of the house on the left and then back onto the road again upside down.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 21:08   #14
God Member

I drive a VW Golf now, only had 1 crash, bloke ran into the side of me when I had a Corsa, said his foot was caught in his trouser turn up and he couldn't reach the brake, typical male driver.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 23:25   #15

I bought a vxhall corsa exactly a year ago today. Then crashed it 2 week later. Was very upsetting. Only damaged the bumper though. Fixed it without contacing insurance, which was good. On the same day, our garage roof fell through aswell. Wasnt a good week.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..