Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/)
-   -   picture size (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/picture-size-30209.html)

panther 23-04-2007 12:35

picture size

1 Attachment(s)
does anyone know how to make attachments bigger?
everytime i put a pic on like so..........Attachment 8939
its never bigger and i dont know how to do it....do you:D

panther 23-04-2007 13:05

Re: picture size

1 Attachment(s)
anybody?...................Attachment 8944

someone must know:D

accymel 23-04-2007 13:08

Put it in your image editor to increase its size:D

entwisi 23-04-2007 13:15

geesh Panther, give us time to respond! 30 mins from posting your original request to posting a chaser! that must be a new record!

What you need to do is post the attachment then get teh URL for teh full sized image by copying the shortcut path then embedding it using the IMG tags.

However, you shouldn't be embedding images too large in a post as you have to remember not everyone has broadband. common sense says anything more than say 640x480 should be as an attachement that people can choose to click on or not

panther 23-04-2007 13:20

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 8946thank you very much.......................:rolleyes:

SamF 27-04-2007 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 414335)
common sense says anything more than say 640x480 should be as an attachement that people can choose to click on or not

:confused:

As long as the pic is narrower than the screen the imagesize isn't really the problem. To be safe to 56kers just make sure the filesize is under 150k and you'll be fine. Adobe Photoshop makes it incredably easy to reduce an images file size using various image types. If anyone needs a hand give me a shout.

Len 28-04-2007 04:30

Here at accyweb, we only allow images with a maximum width of around 550pixels to be posted into posts ‘due too some members only having small screen resolutions?’ We figure that images around 550pixels in width will fit comfortably into the boards without causing any problems. Anything posted bigger than 550 will be either removed or edited depending on whether the moderator at the time has any spare time to perform the edit, same goes with linked images from other sites.

Images above 550pixels in width should be left as an attachment and not be inserted into posts.

File sizes for images need to be kept as small as possible (50-60kb per image ‘smaller, even better’) you can display some decent images with a file size of around 50kb + -. The reasons for this, is how entwisi says “not everyone is on broad band” plus, images with small file sizes don’t use up to much space on the accyweb sever.

The maximum limit for uploading attachments is 100kb ‘you can see the limit when you’re uploading attachments’ but for some reason the forum software is allowing much greater file sizes to be uploaded and this needs correcting.

:)

Neil 28-04-2007 05:35

2 Attachment(s)
If I remember correctly some people are allowed to upload bigger files and have a greater storage allowance than others. I think it has to do with donating or possible post count.

Here is what it lets me do
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1177738442

Len 28-04-2007 11:03

Thanks for that Neil. I’ve just double checked my attachment Key and it’s the same as yours. This explains why some images have been quite large.
Perhaps that when the forum software was upgraded, when the new files over wrote the old files maybe some of the customized settings had been set back to default? I'm sure, after the upgrade, Roy will have re adjusted the customizable setting but it looks like there’s still some fine tuning to be done.
I don’t think Roy will have set the maximum file size for an image to 500kb, I’m not sure now but I don’t think even the gallery allowed images of that size without them being automatically resized.

As an example of good image width/size, look at mani’s post, these images are only around 40-60kb. So you see, theres no real need for them to be 500kb.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...20&postcount=1

Neil 28-04-2007 11:06

I think you will find a non donater will have smaller limits. Maybe someone could check for us.

Len 28-04-2007 11:09

yes, I would like to know myself. Can anyone help?

K.S.H 28-04-2007 12:10

No - its exactly the same

Neil 28-04-2007 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 416877)
No - its exactly the same

That might be 'cus of your post count.

Len 28-04-2007 16:21

Anyway it doesn’t matter and thanks Ken, although I’m almost sure it shouldn’t be 500kb. Roy will have to look into it and get it sorted, if he hasn’t already.