Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/)
-   -   Photoshop CS3 Book? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/photoshop-cs3-book-37108.html)

nikkival 19-02-2008 14:36

Photoshop CS3 Book?

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or "how-to" book for Photoshop CS3? I'm ok on the basic functions but want to learn how to do the more advanced stuff.
Thanks

AccyLass 19-02-2008 16:04

Re: Photoshop CS3 Book?

Photoshop | Layers Magazine
Will this help?

AccyLass 19-02-2008 16:06

Photoshop CS3 Tutorials - Free Adobe Photoshop 10 Tutorials | PhotoshopSupport.com
There is this too

keetah992000 19-02-2008 19:33

you can get some of the best tutorials online - just google it . a book is fine (whsmith usually have one that is published for themselves for about 15-20 quid) but quite limited sometimes they dont start from the basics and skip steps that they assume you will know - the benefit to online resources is the variation - you may get four or five completely different tutorials which all create the same result - the advantage to this is that you find a way to do a certain thing that suits you better than another the following are a couple of links to good sites with free tutorials (never pay to use tutorial sites there are more than enough free ones and i would question any sites that ask for paid membershipbefore you can view tutorials )
Photoshop Tutorials / Good-Tutorials
Computer Arts - Tutorials
the second link is for a magazine that you can get in whsmith's but costs £7 - you dont really get anything from the mag that you cant get from the site for free!!

entwisi 19-02-2008 20:19

have you tried teh library? a lot of tch books can be quite expensive, teh library will get you them for nowt

SamF 19-02-2008 23:04

What are you hoping to use photoshop for ?

If its for signature making then www.nationalsigleague.com is your one stop shop.

Photoshop Tutorials, Flash Tutorials and More! P2L Tutorial Search is also a very useful site, also, give me a shout if you've got a specific problem, there aint much i cant do in PS.

nikkival 20-02-2008 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 533443)
What are you hoping to use photoshop for ?

I'm going through old photo albums & scanning them in - so want to be able to manipulate them and touch up any damage. I can do the basics - crop, clone tool etc but wanted to go a step further!

I'm also going to start to learn web design too so thought I'd better know something about photoshop as well!

nikkival 20-02-2008 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 533341)
have you tried teh library? a lot of tch books can be quite expensive, teh library will get you them for nowt

I never thought of that! :rolleyes: Thanks I'll have a look later this week!

SamF 20-02-2008 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkival (Post 533451)
I'm going through old photo albums & scanning them in - so want to be able to manipulate them and touch up any damage. I can do the basics - crop, clone tool etc but wanted to go a step further!

I'm also going to start to learn web design too so thought I'd better know something about photoshop as well!

pixel2life is the best website for that then, tutorials on everything, books in my experience tend to be very outdated and dated, plus the best way to learn in my experience is stumbling across the features - I'm completely self taught