Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/)
-   -   Feedback on the use of signature Banners. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/feedback-on-the-use-of-signature-banners-5041.html)

Len 27-07-2004 19:36

Feedback on the use of signature Banners.

Some of use members want to use Banners in our signatures.

I suggest that anyone using a sig banner should only use it in every 4 or 5 posts that they make in any particular thread depending on when they last posted with their banner.

I am sure that every one does not want to have the same banner shoved in their faces, post after post after post.

Has anyone got any suggestion about there use?

Size, shape, colour or what ever.

Feedback on this would be most helpful to us.

KIPAX 27-07-2004 20:02

Re: Feedback on the use of signature Banners.

I cant see people turning them on and off... I doubt they will remember.. Also who would monitor the situation? Someone who likes using theres a lot but isn't supposed to will moan at someone using theres too much.... Nice idea but a little unworkable... Either have them or dont is my opinion.... I don't mind either way as I am on broadband.. But for those on a slow dialup a long thread will take some downloading if everyone has avatars and sigs.. Then again it seems to work on other forums so....

Only used avery few posts is IMHO unworkable if left to the users discretion.. Have or have not :)

Len 27-07-2004 20:07

Thanks for your thoughts on this KIPAX. You have made some very good points.

mattylad 29-07-2004 08:04

Is an avatar not enough for people?
Can your links not be made in text only?
Does that picture you want to show really need to be there or will text suffice?

Sig pics are not really nessasary and are a load on peoples bandwidth ect.

If you don't have them here, then its best to keep it that way.

AccyStanFan 29-07-2004 22:28

all i was doin with this sig is (childishy - i know) showing how mild my sig was compared to some of the images availible on accyweb and i have done as the moderator said and took my image off ther bottom of my posts and replaced them with standard accyweb pictures which i think is worse than my origional banner.

Len 04-08-2004 17:07

Thanks for that mattylad.

I can appreciate that some members do not wish to have banners / images all over the place because they may find them annoying and slow things down, which is fair enough.
This is why there is an option in everyone’s control panel. If they look under “edit options” they will see “Thread Display Options” from there they will be able to select what they want to see or not. By not checking any of the boxes they will not increase their bandwidths. I think. lol
Some members would like to design their own and be able to use them. As long as Admin says its ok and they are kept as small as possible (kb) and are decent then it should be ok.

Roy 04-08-2004 19:05

Len - a very good point. I will confirm that for those that do not want to see signatures or even avatars they can be disabled from your control panel!! :)