Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/)
-   -   Where in Accy can i get.. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f90/where-in-accy-can-i-get-7862.html)

accymel 17-02-2005 09:51

Where in Accy can i get..

A usb quad or duo extention, running out of usb ports here for my digi cam n the ones ive seen at Argos the cheapest is £15 :confused:

Less 17-02-2005 10:27

Re: Where in Accy can i get..

Quote:

Originally Posted by accystanmac
A usb quad or duo extention, running out of usb ports here for my digi cam n the ones ive seen at Argos the cheapest is £15 :confused:

Try Emit @ the back of Time in Altham

mez 17-02-2005 10:41

yes i got one there last year, cant remember how much but i think it was under a tenner. am i right less ?

accymel 17-02-2005 11:16

ah brill ta will try there cheers Less n Mez :)

Less 17-02-2005 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mez
yes i got one there last year, cant remember how much but i think it was under a tenner. am i right less ?

Would I dare to say no?
:)

vorlon24 17-02-2005 13:05

I got a USB hub from *cough cough* PC World *cough cough*, and it works fine.

It has a separate power supply, and although its not in use at the moment (as I bought a new PC with more USB ports) I am sure it will be soon, just as soon as I get the wireless network set up!

entwisi 17-02-2005 18:35

One thing to be aware of is that some products need a power supply down the USB cable. If you add too many devices to a single port then you can introduce instabilities. Particularly vunerable are USB BB modems. You can get powered hubs to sort this.

Oh and be aware that whilst you have 4 'ports' on the machine these are usually sharing two resources inside to adding 3items to each means 6 items on one port!

If it is purely a case of leaving stuff plugged in so you aren't messing around swaping cables then you should be OK with unpowered.

Ian

accymel 17-02-2005 19:44

Hi entwisi, its purely so i can have printer n cam lead in one ext hub n leave the modem one on its own to save the faff with cables n only one at a time on the ext hub, saves knocking n damaging cables

entwisi 17-02-2005 19:55

You should be Ok with just printer and modem . As I said, sometimes teh USB ports on your PC are actually shared internally. You can tell what is connected where in System- Device Manager. Select view by connection.

Ian

accymel 17-02-2005 19:59

Ah gr8, i'll be picking one up tomoz to save me getting confuzzled which aint difficult lol