Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 11:32   #1
God Member

And so it begins..

Strange we where talking about this on another thread.... then this news item appears..... Is the last bell chiming...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4130620.stm
Old 08-08-2005, 12:00   #2
God Member

Re: And so it begins..

I think there will always be a niche for 'real' photography. In the same way there is still a niche vinyl( and Valve) market in Hifi. It may be nostalgic but we humans can be a conservative lot.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:12   #3
Member.

One mans medium is another mans art are something like that. It use to be the large format -v-medium format -v-35mm argument. Now we have another member to add to the pack, the pro-am market for quality cameras has been up and down for donkey’s years but like the larger wet film formats 35mm will linger on indefinitely for those who can afford the investment and so it should. I'd love an old F2 or F3 to play with.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 14:59   #4
Resident Waffler

I've got an old F1 and an Ftb Doug.

I was just reading that article in today's paper as we waited for a film to be processed at Max Spielman's. This is a film taken by my youngest daughter a couple of years ago and which has just materialised so we thought we'd have a look what was on it and found some pics of the old Springhill School! Quite good to have those now.

I tend to agree that there will probably always be a place for the 35mm enthusiast but this is certainly a sign of the times.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 15:37   #5
Member.

Both nice Cameras Willow and still hold Commercial value, You should have a look at Grays of Westminster and see how prices are doing........

http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/index.php

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 08-08-2005, 15:55   #6
Resident Waffler

I'm not wanting to part with them as I'm a bit sentimental about these two. I did get rid of a lot of my old stuff but I'm a bit of an old softie about some things.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 15:59   #7
Member.

Good for you willow. I wish I had held on to mine now they've gone.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..