Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2004, 11:09   #1
g78

Bmp to Jpeg ???

Hello people, it seems ages since I posted on here.. anyway here I am again with a question.

I find that whenever I save an image from the net, it alwasy saves as a bmp. file. Now I have checked and I cant save it as a jpeg or any other type. Is there a way for me to convert bmp. files to jpeg after they been saved? as when I try to reopen them when they are bmp. there is no image there...... im confused

Any help would be appreciated........ thanks all :engsmil:
Old 13-08-2004, 14:41   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bmp to Jpeg ???

Try this, good luck http://www.flydragonsoft.com/bmp-jpeg-converter.htm

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 15:19   #3
g78

Thanks Bazf....... it works but is only on a 30 times usage thing..... guess if i have to buy software for it to work i will, but looking for free options first (im a cheapskate).... just dont understand why I cant save in jpeg format......
Old 13-08-2004, 15:29   #4
g78

Ok i have found a way to do it.. thought i would share in case anyone else has the problem...... you have to open the bmp file up in any sort of paint or photo package and then re-save it as a jpeg...... its long winded but it works ..... just a nuisance it cant be saved first as jpeg..... anyway thanks to all that helped
Old 13-08-2004, 19:17   #5
Senior Member+

what browser are you using? i used to have the same problem with them saving as .art
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 20:32   #6
g78

I use windows xp which im told can be a bit of ******

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..