Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2004, 15:17   #1
Senior Member+

Buying a New Camera

Need some advice from the Experts, just been offered a Kodak dc4800 3.1 mp plus 2 lens, a quick charge battery pack, a 64mb card, a 18mb card + leads and software all for $250 which is about 125pounds is it a good deal or should I buy a brand new one? please help.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2004, 17:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Buying a New Camera

Check out amazon.com, one used one there going for $299 no cards with it. Sounds like a good deal to me Bazf.
Old 25-08-2004, 22:02   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks janet the git sold it to someone at work I was a little slow

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:44   #4
Senior Member+

Amazon it is then!
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 18:59   #5
God Member

www.ubuntu.com

Last edited by K.S.H; 02-12-2004 at 19:01.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 19:02   #6
Beacon of light

He who hesitates ends up paying full price...... though I suppose you need to do your homework.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 10:00   #7

Smile Re: Buying a New Camera

erm heres a tip 4 yer I think lol- when looking 4 a camera the better ones have optical zooms rather than digital zooms. Digital zooms- u can zoom in but loose definition, but better than no zoom at all of course!
N the more mega pixels the better- better pic quality.
Apparantly Jessops is supposed 2 be good- as they price match if u find same thing cheeper- so I'm told but don't hold me 2 that anyway worth a look I suppose.
Ok hope that helped- nite
markuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 16:49   #8
I am Band

Cheers for that info, Markuze.

I was looking at Canon digital cameras a couple of weeks ago in the Jessops store on Deansgate, in Manchester. They are cheaper than the little independant camera shops, due to their greater puchasing power, but the particular model that I was looking for was cheaper on-line. I might ask them if it is true regarding their 'price match' offer.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 18:47   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Purchased a Canon Powershot A95 for Christmas, an excellent camera that I would recommend to you Sparky if that's the type you're after.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 19:35   #10
Beacon of light

Don't laugh at this, but about 3 years ago I bought my first digital camera from ALDI, It is 3.3megapix has optical and digital zoom.....does movie mode, has a 16mb internal memory and I bought an extra memory card. The camera was about £100 and the memory card was £34. I know technology has moved on a bit but I love that little camera. I bought a Fuji Finepix 5megapix, but i find myself going back to the unbranded camera.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..