Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2006, 04:40   #1

has anybody tried Paint Shop Pro Photo XI?

heard its widely used by known photographers, i'm looking forward to try it
[quote]
Filled with one-of-a-kind photo tools sure to please even the most discerning photographer, Corel® Paint Shop Pro® Photo XI is the ideal choice for people who want extraordinary photos. With a built-in Learning Center to help first time users get started, it's the easiest way to get professional-looking photos - fast!
[quote]

albert
mrClen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2007, 06:46   #2

Re: has anybody tried Paint Shop Pro Photo XI?

It will work, but the market is dominated by Adobe Photoshop, and theres good reason for it.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 06:59   #3
God Member

And there are other alternatives creeping up The Gimp for example for thsoe of us who can't/won't spend the sort of cash they want for PS but don't want to use iffy software.

I use The Gimp for all my photo editing and quite a few people I know on photographic forums do so too.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 07:39   #4
Resident Waffler

I've used past editions of PSP and there are a lot of excellent features. I've got PSP8 loaded on here and enjoy using it. It's very user friendly.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 07:58   #5
God Member

How much was it Willow? I thought it was into silly Hundreds or is that the full commercial (Enterprise) edition?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 08:15   #6
Resident Waffler

Crikey I can't remember it was ages ago when I bought PSP7 and then there was this update they offered me but there was apparently something missing in that and they ended up sending me a whole PSP8 for free. But that was back when is was Jasc software before Corel took over. There was even a time a year or several ago when PSP4 (I think it was 4) was being given away as a freebie with a PC magazine!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..