Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 17:34   #16
God Member

Re: help .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
it was this sizie when i saved it to my pictures but when i open it in windows fax and picture viewer it shrinks .so might it be my settings with that? and how do i change them?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2007, 17:55   #17
Resident Waffler

Can you just check one thing - save the image from my post as you normally do then where you've saved the pic on your PC, right click on it and check "properties" - tell me how big it says the image is (ie width and height in pixels).

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 18:02   #18
God Member

Ive done it twice willow the first says size 2.48kb
and the one ive just done now says size 60.2 kb

so how come ive got 2 different sizes ,,grrrr this is so confusing
Old 03-01-2007, 18:21   #19
Resident Waffler

I'm trying to work out what you're doing. It sounds like it's not fax and picture viewer at fault but the way you are saving the image. It should be 375 x 500 pixels (mine is 60.29kb). I'm trying to deal with PIXELS here because it's pixelation which is the cause of your 'blurring'.

Old 03-01-2007, 18:27   #20
God Member

Cherokee, try opening teh 60K one. let us know if A) it shows pixelated and b) if when you've closed it teh size has changed

If you tell us teh EXACT procedure you go through to save teh image that may also help

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 20:31   #21
God Member

KSH resized them photos for me so that i could put them on accyweb. If you want the full sized ones i'll send them to you.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 22:47   #22
God Member

ok entwisi ..ie when shillalagh sent those pics through all i did was scan and save to my computer ,
wich took them to my pictures ,
first time i opened them they came up full size as id recieved them from jen ,
second time i opened em up and tried to do a slideshow in win fax n pic viewer all my pics including the ones from jen had turned into thumbnails ,
the only ones that dont seem to have gone to thumbnails ar the latest ones my bro sent me of the kids and the one i just obtained from this post (thank to whoever got the orig size back .
but i have put a lot of my pics onto yahoo photos in a personal file which also seem to have gone to thumbnails ..
sorry to be a pain but the more i read your replies im wondering if ive got my options wrong ie,clicked a box that i shouldnt.. it s not this pc cus same were happening with my last pc but i put thaat down to it being knackered
Old 03-01-2007, 22:49   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
KSH resized them photos for me so that i could put them on accyweb. If you want the full sized ones i'll send them to you.
the size you sent to me jen were fine i think its something im doing wrong

and ive still got your email with em anyway so cheers
Old 03-01-2007, 22:54   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Cherokee, try opening teh 60K one. let us know if A) it shows pixelated and b) if when you've closed it teh size has changed

If you tell us teh EXACT procedure you go through to save teh image that may also help
2f64re2.jpgthis is the one that shrunk it mentions nowhere about pixelated
Old 04-01-2007, 06:34   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
ok entwisi ..ie when shillalagh sent those pics through all i did was scan and save to my computer ,
wich took them to my pictures ,
how did Jen send them to you, email? If email, did you do "Save Attachments" or some other way to save them permanently on your PC?

You mention scan?????????? please explain... is this scan as in look at them or scan as in something to do with a picture scanner??? Unfortunately the english language is full of ambuguities, we need to understand exactly what you are doing to help

Quote:
first time i opened them they came up full size as id recieved them from jen ,
second time i opened em up and tried to do a slideshow in win fax n pic viewer all my pics including the ones from jen had turned into thumbnails ,
the only ones that dont seem to have gone to thumbnails ar the latest ones my bro sent me of the kids and the one i just obtained from this post (thank to whoever got the orig size back .
Again, can I just ask in confirmation, the 1st time you opened them, was this from the email or from the copy you saved to disk? The 2nd time, was it from the exact same source as the 1st time or was there any difference whatsoever.

Quote:

but i have put a lot of my pics onto yahoo photos in a personal file which also seem to have gone to thumbnails ..
sorry to be a pain but the more i read your replies im wondering if ive got my options wrong ie,clicked a box that i shouldnt.. it s not this pc cus same were happening with my last pc but i put thaat down to it being knackered
How did you upload to Yahoo, have you installed some software to help you do this?(even if it was from Yahoo....) or is it a web page based upload where you slect a local file and it uploads them for you. Is there any automatic sync of files between your PC and teh Yahoo photos site?

Old 04-01-2007, 06:43   #26
God Member

Quote:
Attachment 7792this is the one that shrunk it mentions nowhere about pixelated
What pixelated means is that as Willow tried to explain, you can take a full sized image (say a full screen size) and tell a computer to display it as a tiny image. this would look just the same as your 'small images' but still contain all the information as if it was being shown at full size. What is happening is that something is actually resizing the image so instead of the picture being made up of ~1000 dots across by 800 dots down it is being made about 72 dots across by however many down. In order to do this the computer 'throws away' 11 out of every 12 dots across the image and probably the same(ish) down. This throws away a lot of detail. Viewed as a small image it looks 'OK' when you try displaying it at full size the dots have to be magnified such that each indivdual dot becomes a square 12 dots by 8. hence the image is in your terms 'blurred'. ie. all the detail in the picture has gone. this is what 'pixelated' means.

Hope that helps explain the terms and what is happening to your images

I

Old 04-01-2007, 07:30   #27
Resident Waffler

Cherokee, can you please explain exactly what you do to save the images onto your computer? Avoid words like 'scan', 'download' etc. Try giving simple step by step info such as:
I put my cursor over the pic.
I right click with my mouse
A box appears on the screen ............. etc

If those three above statements are what you do, what happens when the box appears? Does it give you options to choose from? What option do you choose?

The large image which I posted from the AccyWeb meet I got by looking at your thumbnail and then going back to the original post and looking for the original pic - I then clicked on that thumbnail, got the fullsized image on my screen, selected the URL from above it and copied and pasted that into my post.

I'm also not clear if you are making a distincton between saving something onto your own PC or simply seeing it on your screen. Do you have that AccyWeb Christmas photo in a folder on your PC?

Old 04-01-2007, 18:03   #28
God Member

how did Jen send them to you, email? If email, did you do "Save Attachments" or some other way to save them permanently on your PC?

yes via email then i get option to either scan and save to computer which automatically saves them to my yahoo photes ,or i can download attachment which puts them into my pictures folder

You mention scan?????????? please explain... is this scan as in look at them or scan as in something to do with a picture scanner??? Unfortunately the english language is full of ambuguities, we need to understand exactly what you are doing to help

as above entwis just option i have on email
Old 04-01-2007, 18:10   #29
God Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cherokee, can you please explain exactly what you do to save the images onto your computer? Avoid words like 'scan', 'download' etc. Try giving simple step by step info such as:
I put my cursor over the pic.
I right click with my mouse
A box appears on the screen ............. etc

If those three above statements are what you do, what happens when the box appears? Does it give you options to choose from? What option do you choose?

The large image which I posted from the AccyWeb meet I got by looking at your thumbnail and then going back to the original post and looking for the original pic - I then clicked on that thumbnail, got the fullsized image on my screen, selected the URL from above it and copied and pasted that into my post.

I'm also not clear if you are making a distincton between saving something onto your own PC or simply seeing it on your screen. Do you have that AccyWeb Christmas photo in a folder on your PC?
then when i go to my pics i get the full sized photo but when i try to do a slide show with windows picture and fax viewer it seems to show all my pics in thumbnail and after i try to open in my pictures folder all i get is thumbnail images and i cant get back to full size , hope that makes sense ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-01-2007, 18:51   #30
God Member

Quote:

yes via email then i get option to either scan and save to computer which automatically saves them to my yahoo photes ,or i can download attachment which puts them into my pictures folder

as above entwis just option i have on email
Which email client are you using? Is it web based (i.e. that you use Internet Explorer or Firefox) or a 'proper' client like Outlook express or thunderbird.

Scan is not an option I can ever recall being a default option on any email client so I'm guessing its part of some Yahoo installation thats 'adding functionality' to your email program. In my opinion stuff like this tends to just add confusion/problems.

When you say 'download attachment' that doesn't sound quite right. an email comes with attachments. you can either save them or view them in the email. they shouldn't be a need to download them.

In your response to Willow, you mention that a slideshow in WP&F only shows the thumbnails. Can you say how you are doing teh slideshow. Do you click on a folder(which folder) and start something or are you opening WP&F and starting it from there?

TBH its ounds like a problem that actually sat with you would be solved in minutes, its quite hard to sometimes try and understand what people are actually doing and what programs they have installed that are 'interferring' in teh normal process

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..