Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2008, 15:36   #1

Photoshop CS3 Book?

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or "how-to" book for Photoshop CS3? I'm ok on the basic functions but want to learn how to do the more advanced stuff.
Thanks
Old 19-02-2008, 17:04   #2
God Member

Re: Photoshop CS3 Book?

Photoshop | Layers Magazine
Will this help?
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 17:06   #3
God Member

Photoshop CS3 Tutorials - Free Adobe Photoshop 10 Tutorials | PhotoshopSupport.com
There is this too
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 20:33   #4
I am Banned

you can get some of the best tutorials online - just google it . a book is fine (whsmith usually have one that is published for themselves for about 15-20 quid) but quite limited sometimes they dont start from the basics and skip steps that they assume you will know - the benefit to online resources is the variation - you may get four or five completely different tutorials which all create the same result - the advantage to this is that you find a way to do a certain thing that suits you better than another the following are a couple of links to good sites with free tutorials (never pay to use tutorial sites there are more than enough free ones and i would question any sites that ask for paid membershipbefore you can view tutorials )
Photoshop Tutorials / Good-Tutorials
Computer Arts - Tutorials
the second link is for a magazine that you can get in whsmith's but costs £7 - you dont really get anything from the mag that you cant get from the site for free!!
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 21:19   #5
God Member

have you tried teh library? a lot of tch books can be quite expensive, teh library will get you them for nowt

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 00:04   #6

What are you hoping to use photoshop for ?

If its for signature making then www.nationalsigleague.com is your one stop shop.

Photoshop Tutorials, Flash Tutorials and More! P2L Tutorial Search is also a very useful site, also, give me a shout if you've got a specific problem, there aint much i cant do in PS.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 01:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
What are you hoping to use photoshop for ?
I'm going through old photo albums & scanning them in - so want to be able to manipulate them and touch up any damage. I can do the basics - crop, clone tool etc but wanted to go a step further!

I'm also going to start to learn web design too so thought I'd better know something about photoshop as well!
Old 20-02-2008, 01:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
have you tried teh library? a lot of tch books can be quite expensive, teh library will get you them for nowt
I never thought of that! Thanks I'll have a look later this week!
Old 20-02-2008, 18:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
I'm going through old photo albums & scanning them in - so want to be able to manipulate them and touch up any damage. I can do the basics - crop, clone tool etc but wanted to go a step further!

I'm also going to start to learn web design too so thought I'd better know something about photoshop as well!
pixel2life is the best website for that then, tutorials on everything, books in my experience tend to be very outdated and dated, plus the best way to learn in my experience is stumbling across the features - I'm completely self taught
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..