Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging
Donate! Join Today

Photoshop, Digital Photography, Digital Imaging We're not claiming to be experts here but there is nothing wrong with a bit of user to user help!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2005, 17:31   #1
land of hope and glory

what is the perfect size!

what is the perfect size for photos to be uploaded onto accy web? and if you have not got a cd burner how do you keep a set the original size?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2005, 17:37   #2
God Member

Re: what is the perfect size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
what is the perfect size for photos to be uploaded onto accy web? and if you have not got a cd burner how do you keep a set the original size?
Not sure about the upload bit but if you want to keep a copy of the original and have no Cd burner the safest way is a seperate hard drive, dont keep them on your drive that windoze is on, you never know whats going to happen to it, you can get a new drive cheap enough and just install it and use it purely for storage

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 18:30   #3
God Member

Or if you have BB upload the photos to yopur web space. You can get loads of free web space if you try hard enough.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 18:37   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Or if you have BB upload the photos to yopur web space. You can get loads of free web space if you try hard enough.
Or you can store them here.............. http://fotopic.net/ for free

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 19:21   #5
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
what is the perfect size for photos to be uploaded onto accy web?
Hi staggeringman

At present the attachments managers is set at 200.0kb which means you cannot upload any files greater than that, what ever shape or size (in pixels). To be honest thou I think the 200kb is more than ample for any picture I would have thought 100-150k at max would have been enough.

I would say that a good size for a picture would be about 600-700 pixels wide by what ever height.
The reason for this in my thinking is that if anyone with a screen resolution set at 800 *600 would then be able to view the image more comfortably without having to use a horizontal slide bar to view the whole picture.

Once an image has been resized to 600 or what ever pixels wide it is a good idea to then have the image optimized. By optimizing the image the file size becomes a whole lot smaller in kb you should be able to get the file size down to about 30-100kb. I think most photo editing software supports this option.
I hope this makes sense as I am no expert.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 20:05   #6
Len
God Member

Try angel fire it is also free.

http://www.angelfire.com/ar3/unand/

http://www.angelfire.com
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 05:51   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It would be cheaper to buy a CD writer than to buy a hard drive. You can get a Liteon CD writer for £15.03 +p&p on ebuyer, they are excellent.
Old 18-04-2005, 06:56   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
It would be cheaper to buy a CD writer than to buy a hard drive. You can get a Liteon CD writer for £15.03 +p&p on ebuyer, they are excellent.
Are they external drives?

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 07:05   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

No internal drives. Easy to fit.
Old 18-04-2005, 09:45   #10
Senior Member+

Great - another powerpoint and usb port to use. I've already run out of those!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..