Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help! > Test Forum
Donate! Join Today

Test Forum If you want to test the system or have a play, come and do it in here. Posts don't count towards total and will be deleted every now and then.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2005, 23:17   #1
Always EVIL within us

need your help

What I WANT to do is to put an emoticon/graphic within my message. I can do this but am left with the thumbnail at the bottom which is as big as the image in my message.

If I delete the thumbnail, some members complain that they cannot view the graphic on the message, only a red square with a cross...

If you read this, can you let me know if you see the graphic below please??

Thank you.
Old 27-02-2005, 23:20   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: need your help

I can see it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 23:23   #3
Member.

I can see a little white square with a red cross.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 23:24   #4
Resident Waffler

Now that is weird because there's no connection between my PC and Busman's yet.

Old 27-02-2005, 23:25   #5
Resident Waffler

Can you see it here Doug?

Old 27-02-2005, 23:27   #6
Always EVIL within us

Great, Willow can see it (and she is on a pc with a different phone line and 400 metres away down the street)...but Doug can't anyone else? Can anyone shed a light on my problem?
Old 27-02-2005, 23:29   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
It's just the same little white box.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 27-02-2005, 23:35   #8
Resident Waffler

How about right click and "show image"?

Old 27-02-2005, 23:42   #9
Always EVIL within us

Totally confused.....go to "manage attachments", upload image, insert image, delete thumbnail, At what point do I "right click" and "save image"??
Attached Images
File Type: gif ape-scratch.gif (11.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 27-02-2005, 23:45   #10
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I can see the t shirt...and you do not have a thumbnail below,,,,,,,does my 'ead in
Old 27-02-2005, 23:54   #11
Len
God Member

If you intend to use the image a lot, why don’t you make a post in this thread below and upload your image into that. Then just leave the thumb nail, do not delete it even if you change your mind. Otherwise all the posts that you have made using that image will end up with white squares and red crosses (broken links).

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/...read.php?t=4819

This way you will be able to link to your image from your posts by using its URL address. To do this you will have to right click on the uploaded image and select properties and then copy its URL addess then insert it into your posts using the "insert image" button. Also if at any time you wish to use another image you can simply edit that post and upload a second or third image etc at least this way you will know where to find the images if you wish to use them again.

Last edited by Len; 28-02-2005 at 01:08.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 23:59   #12
Always EVIL within us

Thanks Len, It is far too late at night to absorb what you are saying, I will read your post again tomorrow and hopefully get to understand you.....

Yours faithfully,

P.C. Illiterate
Old 28-02-2005, 00:05   #13
Len
God Member

hehe OK. I know what I am doing its just that its difficult to explain, but hopefully you can make some sense of it later.
Old 28-02-2005, 00:12   #14
Member.

Well after all that I'm still none the wiser lol, No I still can't see busman. Is anything to do with the Norton internet security, an over zealous blocker maybe?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-02-2005, 00:23   #15
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
Totally confused.....go to "manage attachments", upload image, insert image, delete thumbnail, At what point do I "right click" and "save image"??
If you delete the thumb nails you are actually deleting the image and all the links to that image will be broken (url address) and they will not work any more i.e. white square Red Cross.
I think the reason why you and willow can still see the image even thou the link is broken is because you will still have the image in your cache. If you clear your cache you will no longer see the image. hehe

Last edited by Len; 28-02-2005 at 00:59.

« thing | Test »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..