Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Bands, Noise! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/)
-   -   Manager available for band (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/manager-available-for-band-3283.html)

barrie 22-02-2004 14:27

Manager available for band

Manager looking for boys and girls to form a band singing to backing tracks to start with. All equipment and Accrington rehersal room supplied. Must be dedicated and have a wide liking for all types of music.
Tel 07958606919 for audition details.

Less 22-02-2004 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrie
Manager looking for boys and girls to form a band singing to backing tracks to start with. All equipment and Accrington rehersal room supplied. Must be dedicated and have a wide liking for all types of music.
Tel 07958606919 for audition details.

Would't it be more in line with safety for children if barrie was to give a proper address or at least a land line number so that parents can check him out? (Just being concerned no insult intended!)
:stop:

Mik Dickinson 22-02-2004 21:11

Less well said and well thought through.One can not be too careful nowadays

barrie 23-02-2004 15:55

Manager

Thanks for your concern, If any young person contacts me under the age of 18 they must bring a friend or parent to the audition. Over the last year i have worked with a local group called Graffite, i am now working with a young duo. if anybody wants further details i can be contacted at:- Hitchens Engravers Ltd
Tel 01254 301717. This is my effort to put something back into the community by giving kids a chance.

Mik Dickinson 23-02-2004 21:23

Hope you was nor insulted in anyway Barrie.There was nothing meant by my comment to you personally.Due to the recent things that have been happenning on the internet i respect Less' concept and concern.

WINGY 19-03-2004 07:22

Re: Manager available for band

barrie. i have been out of the town for a few years and have just returned. been singing in karaoke for a few years and on more than a dozen times haver been approached by people to sing in bands. i couldnt persue this at the time because of my old job but things have changed and now im going to start looking for a band who needs a singer. do you know anybody to contact or where is the best place to look. i know ive only sang on karaoke but have a very good diverse voice and want to give it a go. can you help me. either reply here or use my email which is [email protected]

Roy 19-03-2004 07:56

hi mick! can I suggest that you create a login account for yourself! You've posted twice now under different peoples login names and things could well get confusing! Just click on logout at the top right and then go back to the forum index and press Join Today at the top left, use your hotmail email account and you will then be able to get your own login name.

mac 21-03-2004 16:12

cheers roy have done that now. suppose it was confusing.

mac 28-03-2004 14:57

just went out with barry and family to a band audition today. all joking aside, if you have a son/daughter who has potential get them in touch with barry. all is above board and he has put alot of time into a couple who auditioned today. they were superb. and all of it was realy down to barry and family. DONT WASTE YOUR CHILDRENS POTENTIAL !!!!

Chelle 13-10-2004 08:13

Hey barrie,I saw you worked with 'Graffite'... my step-cousin is/was in the band - Holly Young - are those guys still making tracks? I'm currently in a band myself at the moment though not singing. I play guitar. There's 5 of us atm... 2 vocalists/pianist, bassist, guitarist & drummer. Although the bassist & I have contributed to backing vocals. All first years at college btw. Wondered what kind of things you do. We're after recording some tracks. Regards.

mulstonian1 27-01-2005 10:14

i am a solo artist who is interested i starting a group with anyone who is interested. i live in the Fern Gore area and can travel anywhere in hyndburn. Please could you get back to me and let me know if you are interested or not. my mobile is 07835563253

mulstonian1 21-02-2005 10:56

thanks for your help barrie we will see you on saturday to go through some backing tracks. see you soon thanx from bk2bk

Chelle 22-02-2005 12:37

Hey Barrie,
Wondering if we could have an audition anytime soon. Current manager wants to forward us - 5 piece band - 2 vocalists (1 Pianist), guitarist, bassist & drummer. Write all our own music. We have recording to send if you would prefer.

Cheers.
P.S. - this is our website,however, we have a new one designed (with our own logo) atm just needs uploading - www.established-online.tk