Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Bands, Noise! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/)
-   -   Take That: Greatest Boyband? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/take-that-greatest-boyband-41976.html)

Lolly 20-08-2008 09:09

Take That: Greatest Boyband?

A new poll has said that Take That has been voted the greatsest boyband ever, beating The Beatles.

Music - News - Take That beat Beatles in boyband poll - Digital Spy

I agree with this, but that is probably my age, if I was older I would no doubt think that The Beatles were. Dont get me wrong though I do like The Beatles, just like TT more.

Whats everyone elses opinion on this?

emzy 20-08-2008 09:12

Re: Take That: Greatest Boyband?

Noooooo............... Take that are not the greatest boyband ever (sorry fans)

The greatest boyband has got to be.....

New Kids On The Block

Claire Cal 20-08-2008 09:17

Isnt that meant to be NKOTB Ha . I remember when they thought it was cool to change their name to that. I love take that old and new i like the beatles as well but cause of my age its gonna be TT.

Alan Gilmartin 20-08-2008 09:24

Wernt they a cover band.

emzy 20-08-2008 09:26

if id have put NKOTB I think it would have been questioned lol. Maybe I should be a take that or boyzone fan because of my age but NKOTB are the greatest to me

Claire Cal 20-08-2008 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 621338)
if id have put NKOTB I think it would have been questioned lol. Maybe I should be a take that or boyzone fan because of my age but NKOTB are the greatest to me

Nothing wrong with putting NKOTB just shows you were a true fan. LOL What did the sing again?

flashy 20-08-2008 09:28

i'm with Lolly on this one TT have my vote everytime

jaysay 20-08-2008 09:36

Na nout to beat the Fab Four, not only for their work but L & M song writing as well, Take That arn't bad for a modern day band but there were lots better in the 60s and 70s

onlyme 20-08-2008 10:29

definately not Take That, although I did like them.

I'm with Emzy, (incidentally theyve gone back to New Kids on the Block). They were the modern time Ultimate Boy band, however I would love to have experienced Beatlemania

AccyLass 20-08-2008 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire Cal (Post 621339)
Nothing wrong with putting NKOTB just shows you were a true fan. LOL What did the sing again?

This

YouTube - Tonight - New Kids On the Block - Music Video

This is a newer one

YouTube - New Kids On the Block - Summertime - Full Music Video HQ

cashman 20-08-2008 10:40

whoever called the beatles a "Boy Band" is a thick git, they had worked a couple of years on the Hamburg circuit, also toured in uk as support fer bigger stars.

AccyLass 20-08-2008 10:42

I don't mind Take That but am not too sure about being the best BoyBand,
same goes for New Kids On The Block aswell,
think they are all about the same really, Westlife, Boyzone, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC

shakermaker 20-08-2008 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 621382)
whoever called the beatles a "Boy Band" is a thick git, they had worked a couple of years on the Hamburg circuit, also toured in uk as support fer bigger stars.

Exactly, sir.

Isn't "greatest boy band" a juxtaposition anyway? Who on earth would even want that title?

cashman 20-08-2008 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 621385)
Exactly, sir.

Isn't "greatest boy band" a juxtaposition anyway? Who on earth would even want that title?

my problem is the title "Boy Band" to me Band means a group of people who PLAY instruments most of those ******* dont.:eek:

Gayle 20-08-2008 12:15

I'd never have put the Beatles as a boy band. Ok, admittedly they were a group of 4 fairly attractive men but not a boy band - if you're going to call them a boy band then pretty much every other band that's ever existed would fit in that genre too - Rolling Stones, Oasis, Radiohead - boybands? I don't think so.

A boy band is surely a group like Take That, Boyzone, New Kids, etc - who are put together as a song and dance group.