Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 06:34   #3496

Re: Accy Web video jukebox.

The Beatles ''In My Life'' Probably already on here somewhere, but I haven't time to plough through 233 pages to check. Anyway, it's always worthy of another listen. Sorry the images are of Blackburn and not Accrington, but there's a shot of the Lord Nelson on Salford, which further along becomes Eanam, Higher Eanam, Copy Nook, Bottomgate, Furthergate, Accrington Road and eventually Accrington, so there is a link

blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2011, 08:17   #3497
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburnlad View Post
They've removed the vid off youtube (so I couldn't watch it), but excellent choice !
yep , probably down to the 'widow' Lennon (the Japanese one) , doesn't the 78 year cow have enough money , she's been a professional widow for over 30 years raking in the money , best example ever why copyright should end when the artist croaks, just hope the first wife (Cynthia) turns up at her funeral in red dress
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 13:44   #3498

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
yep , probably down to the 'widow' Lennon (the Japanese one) , doesn't the 78 year cow have enough money , she's been a professional widow for over 30 years raking in the money , best example ever why copyright should end when the artist croaks, just hope the first wife (Cynthia) turns up at her funeral in red dress
Yeah it could be, but then you would think it would apply to all The Beatles / Lennon songs.

I spent hours a while back making a little slide show with old postcard images of Corporation Park and put the Bee Gees 'Immortality' to it. When I upoladed it to youtube, they muted the sound for copyright reasons. So I was sat looking at my little slide show in total bloody silence

They gave me about 5 alternative tunes I could use, all by unknown bands, all songs I had never heard of and all about a minute shorter than my slide show

My efforts weren't entirely wasted though, as I was able to upload it to my own blog / site. (Just narrowed down my potential viewers by about 200 million). Taught me a lesson though. If I ever make another, I'll try and upload the song first, with a blank screen, or a couple of pictures, to test the water, so to speak.

Colin
blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 15:39   #3499
God Member

pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 18:06   #3500
God Member

Wanda Jackson , Rockabilly Queen , sure one or two of you may have heard of her , two videos made with more than 50 years between them , first from 1958 , second from her new 2011 album ..... enjoy

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 18:17   #3501
Resting in Peace

Old 10-02-2011, 21:19   #3502
Super Moderator

A shot of goodtime rhythm & blues.

Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:59   #3503

Nice tune Wyn. heres my favourite Kelly Brothers track, I only paid a couple of quid for it years ago, I've heard its gone up in price considerably since then.

keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 11:10   #3504
God Member

Old 13-02-2011, 11:13   #3505
God Member

Old 13-02-2011, 11:15   #3506
God Member

Old 13-02-2011, 11:17   #3507
God Member

Great footage of a great band on a great weekend........just ,well errrr, GREAT
Old 13-02-2011, 16:41   #3508
God Member

Old 13-02-2011, 16:44   #3509
God Member

Old 13-02-2011, 18:03   #3510
God Member

I really think this is great

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..