Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2005, 21:16   #31

Re: Are there any bands in accy?

New Accrington based band The Grand Cru are currently working on new demo tracks and a live set.

There are songs on their website available for free listening.

Check them out at

thegrandcru.co.uk
b-sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2005, 15:13   #32
Junior Member+

The best band in Accrington are The Citizen Band, as their recent sell out gigs at the Attic have proved. If you want to go and watch live music there's always quality live bands on at the Attic, Warner Street. There's a good atmosphere and they play 'real' music, none of the disco cack that is favoured by every other town centre pub. Give it a try
Mister Whippee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:18   #33
Junior Member+

Try www.northwestbands.co.uk - lots of local bands and gig listings
northwestbands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 20:16   #34
Senior Member+

Try the Stanley Street Club on Saturday nights. They also have a Jam night on Mondays!
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 20:27   #35
Junior Member+

Sounds like a good night!

Must get down there.

Do you have to book a slot for the jam night, or just turn up on the night?
Old 09-11-2005, 20:33   #36
Senior Member+

Nope you just turn up on the night everyone is made to feel very welcome.
Old 09-11-2005, 20:36   #37
Junior Member+

Brill!! - I might make an appearance next monday. Do they have a proper PA, or is it ACOUSTIC, acoustic.

What kinda of stuff do you play?
Old 09-11-2005, 21:05   #38
Senior Member+

Dont play myself but a few of me mates do. They have a full PA but of course you are welcome to play Acoustic too! All music is played but main ly Blues and Rock. A lot of them are the same lot who used to Jam at the Royal in Great Harwood and also Rhythm Station too. Good mixture of ages too. Burt the bass guitarist is usually there most people in area will probably know him, and Les Walker too who now also has a band called Snatchinitback! Me I just empty Karaoke Bars I'm afraid!!
Old 21-05-2006, 12:12   #39

Thumbs up Re: Are there any bands in accy?

Hi Everyone! I have come across quite a few rock bands locally that are quality. Theres Salacious who are a rock band with an awesome female singer, The Rising who are an alternative/indie band who are quality, Scarlett Marshalls as well if nobodys heard of any of them check out myspace. I saw a poster for Salacious who are playing at Snuffy's in Gt Harwood next Sunday afternoon. Its well worth checking them out! There website is <a href="www.salaciousband.co.uk"> www.salaciouband.co.uk</a>.

Hope this helps you all out.
AliBongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 23:52   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

surprised no-ones mentioned the accy rockers?
Old 15-06-2006, 14:01   #41

Have you been to The Attic in Accrington - they have lots of top bands on every Saturday night.
andrew hampsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:36   #42

You could always try the Attic... think they have local bands on fairly regularly. There's also the Independent which runs one Friday a month at the Cellar Bar in Blackburn and twice a month (Thursdays) at the Evolution Lounge (used to be The Works), Northgate, Blackburn.

I think King St in Accy sometimes put bands on... played there once filling in for another band who pulled out, but not sure if that was a one-off.
semihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:38   #43

There also used to be jam nights - open to anyone - at Barzooka in Blackburn. Ian H used to run them, but not sure if it's still going on.
semihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 12:26   #44

Hi guys,

A bit of free promo but I'm in a band called 'Salacious' from Accrington. We are a female fronted indie/rock band performing and writing our own material.

We have just recorded a new demo which can be download from our website which is www.salaciousband.co.uk . Check us out and come down and see us if you like what you hear. Theres a lot of info about us and our gigs on the site including a link to our myspace account.

Local bands need all the help they can get so keep plugging them wherever you can

Cheers guys and enjoy!!!
AliBongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 07:02   #45

Gridlock are still going & played in the whittaker arms just the other week look out for the posters in accrington pubs.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..